New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of the people who took of their merc emblem on the back put on the cougar emblem from the front grill.....if so, pics?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think this is what you are talking about.

front grill emblem as taken off when the front grill was replaced with a 01+ grill. Now the 99-00 emblem is on my trunk lid.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
the 3rd brake light cover comes from the teamneco shop :)
they got 10 pages of decals for the cougar - http://www.teamneco.com/phpaypal/

edit - oooh, my bad, they dont seem to have the 'cougar' letters 3rd brake light thing... hmmm, maybe its on customcougars... i'm not sure :shrug:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
its on customcougars and VinzDecals. I just printed out the font on my PC, cut the letters out, put them over my brake light, and sprayed it silver. The emblem comes from MuskatRacing.

Mike

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Cougar head emblem does cover the old Mercury emblem's holes, but you do need to drill two new holes to fit the studs of the new emblem.

Note: Old (and new) emblem are held in place with a special double sided adhesive ring that you will cut through with fish line. Remove hatch liner to expose the old emblem's studs on the inside, gently push them out after you have cut the adhesive ring on the other side.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
metallicacougs had this done to her car. when her car got wrecked she had the body shop take off the cougar emblem on the grill and put it on the back, because IIRC the grill was damaged in the wreck and she got a new one anyways.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I keep hearing when people get in a wreck the insurance is paying for their aftermarket parts? So is this true? Do you just show them receipts or what??

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
or you can just shave those studs off the emblem and use double-sided tape instead of drilling two new holes. and where is the decal $35?? I got mine for $10...

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
how'd you get it for 10?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
are we talkin about the same thing here? He said the decal is $35, but the carbon fiber emblem is $35, the third brake light decal is $10 on vinzdecals.

Mike

·
Registered
444 Posts
why spend 35$ when u can just go to ur local junk n find one there, and if that doesnt work then just get 1 off of an older cougar it works, i got it to anyways

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The muskat racing emblem is HOT. Once its on there, tho... its never coming off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts