New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everybody going.

My name is Jake and I recently purchased a '99 Ford (or Mercury if you prefer) Cougar. It's a V6 manual, RHD, Ebony Black & with the full X-Pack.

I fell in love with the car after searching for something sporty but also something practical. Nothing else fit the bill until I ran across the sleek lines and one of a kind style of the Cougar.

I know its hard to get anywhere in the world but in Australia it's something else entirely. There have been 5 manuals (only way to go) for sale in the last 4 months & I had to drive the car half way back across the country to get it. No regrets though; it is the perfect car for me.

Ill be posting elsewhere in the forums but ill throw something general in here. I'm looking to do a few cosmetic modifications. First is a dock and cradle for my iPhone that i plan to install where the driver's middle air vent is.
Then i plan to get the front seats and dash retrimmed in a bright yellow and black finish.

I also want to get some yellow LED's in under the dash to light up the foot wells. And lastly i want to get a custom paintjob done. I will again be looking for a yellow and black theme down the sides and back; and then have a design done up for the bonnet. I am thinking about a cougar paw/claw coming from inside the engine and "tearing" the bonnet (like it trying to get out).

In saying all this I have no artistic flair or automotive capabilites. But we'll see how I go. Any suggestions/ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jake.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link kwg2371. Simmilar to what I want to do but it will probably be slightly more subtle use of the yellow. (stitching and highlights) I quite like the overhead display and the air vents. Very nice.

im not quite sure what you mean 20COUG00. I wont be using stickers. It will all be professionally done. And im not talking about some radio active, nos-esque, green glow from under the car.

This is where i got the inspiration from. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/mustang-lounge/8611d1118587424-neon-lights-night_dash.jpg

Not to discourage the feed back; i just didnt understand what you were saying.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
welcome

sounds like you have quite a few plans for you cougar. make sure to post pics as you mod.

I wouldnt paint the dash something that bright. personaly i wish i never painted my dash to begin with. or at least chose a different color. im thinking about re-doing the whole thing back to a satin black... kind of like the stock color!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Cougar Club.

Us Aussies should get together sometime soon and have a meet. Where u located?

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts