New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, the deer not only hopped away but it hopped back across the road. I thought about hitting it again to finish the job (sorry to the animal people, but I was mad). I just noticed the other day, it kicked the bottom of the front clip and knocked my foglights loose and the 'end caps' to the grill out. I went to a body/paint shop and they told me to paint the Kam hood would be $600 and he's cutting a deal. He said he had to do it because my paint is tricolor. I'm gonna get a 2nd opinion... I might just buy an already painted OEM hood from Ford instead cause I can't buy the hood and afford painting...

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
can anyone say insurance.... pay your detuctible, and have it all fixed including the grille properly by the most expensive shop you can find

I hit a piece of wood last year on the expressway, took a nice chip out of my front air dam (remember wood is my enemy?), anyhow my detuctible was 100$ CDN for this type of claim even though my collision detuctible is 500... and at the time because visteon wouldnt' seperate the kits i got a whole new kit, i cut a deal with the dealership to shut up and say nothing but he could claim that he painted all the pieces (and get paid for it) and i drove off with the other ones. Craig got the side skirst and the scoop and wing were sold the following week at cougarfest.... and best of all everything i did was very legal

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what I'm doing:

Paying $495 for Kam hood. Paying $227 to the body shop. They refuse to have the Kam hood paid for by insurance. So, I'm paying $227 to have it painted. They're going to replace:

Top grill, new headlight, new front end w/ foglights, new license plate bracket, new custom license plate, and maybe new body kit just because I said something.

If I get lucky they'll repaint the whole car. I doubt that though because it'll be around $3000. Anyway, I think I'm getting a deal instead of paying $500 for a OEM hood and paint job becaues I was going to get a Kam hood anyway. I figured painting would ONLY be around $200. Boy was I wrong. They quoted me $600 cut down from $850.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A stock hood would cost $850 to get painted? Dang I got mine painted by dealership for $175.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This place told me that that Kam hood painted would be $850. He didn't tell me anything about painting an OEM hood. Regardless, the OEM airdam costs ~$320 and the black piece under it costs ~$40. Put together, they cost more than a Kaminari front air dam. Just thought I'd let you know that for future reference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.