New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went race at my local track wich is a 1/8...

I was sure to loose with this Del Sol Honda with this b16a engine with 160hp. This Del Sol weight so less than me I was really sure to loose.

1 gear .. in front
2 gear .. del sol was close but was gaining some distance to me
3 gear .. bye bye

:)

Then the cougar win some respect from people on the track

Next time Ill try a SIR Civic or a Probe GT(V6)/Mx6 V6

I let you know guys ..!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My first time at the track gained the "ricers" atention and it was horrible in my mind....Since that time I have run several cars on the street with some suprising, to me anyway, results. I have raced 2 of the older 90's pruludes...2.2 i beleive.......a supposedly modded CRX......a probe gt......and you gotta love the ******** of the world, I was jumped by a 99-03 conv mustang Gt with his flowmaster turndowns blaring, and even i believe a 68 chevelle.....(67-69).....whats sad its I know its bad driving by them but them didnt walk away from me, even though on both occasions we were doing about 50..had to make them feel bad....not saying I won by any means, but they should have smoked me by 5 cars or more and they didnt...the two 'ludes and the CRX I handled pretty easily..not sure of their mods, but all i have is a cat back on a stock 99MTX.......waiting for the day I can take my brother's car...(04 SRT-4)...but together we have fun tormenting the ricers, mustang and camaro guys that show no love for anything but their own, and the occasional older musclecar......but anyway i strayed a little there......roll on dude.....good kill...what times did you run?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I dunno why your running a 17? You should be faster then that lol...

I have noticed something about our cars, even on my stock. Our cars REALLY love colder air...the car pulls much better. The smorning when it was like 58 degrees out, I was like...wow, she wants to pull now. Then on your standard 85 degree day...well...nothing special.

I want my CAI!! lol, hopefully it comes soon.

·
Registered
553 Posts
yeah I know, but my older car (Infiniti G20) def. didn't benefit it as much as my cougar does lol.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have noticed something about our cars, even on my stock. Our cars REALLY love colder air...the car pulls much better. The smorning when it was like 58 degrees out, I was like...wow, she wants to pull now. Then on your standard 85 degree day...well...nothing special.

I want my CAI!! lol, hopefully it comes soon.
Yea, when I CAI'd my 98 Dodge Avenger, mostly stock, it was a difference, but when I CAI'd the ***** (mostly stock) it seemed to be a much more responsive reaction and def' more of a growl to it. It's been alot cooler here now finally so it's been fun.

(EDIT) It was late, and I was more than half asleep so I didn't see that I awoke a thread over a month into its slumber.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.