New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont plan on doing this anytime in the near future, but just to get an idea.... How much would it cost to switch my tailights over to the Corvette ones, or maybe the Eclipse??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:disgust: Yeah dude, it sounds like a great deal... Almost 5g's to have some Vette tailights.. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just because it's not something you see on any other Cougar. I like to do something a little bit different. And the fact that I think the Vette tailights are sweet doesn't hurt either..;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well... i was gonna paint your bumper and hatch... and blend the fenders too for that price! that is... unless you wanna go for the primer grey look... ;)

</sarcasm>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, seeing as how you want something you don't normally see on other Cougars, and that you have an ATX, how about putting a bigass boat anchor on your car? Yeah, that's it, no one else has one of those, and I'm sure someone, somewhere, might think it looks good :disgust:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exactly does that have anything to do with me having an ATX?? But anyways, great idea pal... I'll check into that...

·
Registered
902 Posts
I see corvette tail lights all the time. If I were going to change my tail lights that no one has, I would get an old VW bus tail lights. The anchor was a good idea too. I think I might get one of them and hang it from my radio antennae.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
doin that would be kidna lame dude but the goat rapist that made the anchor crack was in the same category.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well a lot of people probably think it's lame.. Like I said though, I dont plan on doing this anytime in the near future... I'd just like to do this someday cause you never see this on any other Cougar.. Sorry for trying to not be like everyone else I guess.....

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
Dude.......DON'T LISTEN TO THESE NEGATIVE FUTT BUCKERS!!!!! If you like it, THEN DO IT......who gives a flying F*CK what they think.....most of the time, someone'll b!tch, and B!tch about something like that....then when they see it in person, think it looks AWESOME.....so just don't even worry about it, and if you want to, and CAN, spend that much money on doing it.......then I seriously hope you do some other cosmetic mods first;) hehehehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:biggrin: Hey thanks dude. Glad I got someone on my side in here... I'd definately fix everything else on my car before I do something like that.. I've only had my car 3 or 4 weeks now, so I haven't done a whole lot.. I wanna go with the Andy's kit, or just the front bumper from that kit and the No Limit sides & rear..

Peace.....

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
oh god, i seriously hope that all those lexus owners slap all the honda owners who stole their lights and put them on such an inferior car :tongue:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, if it is something that you really want to do...then do it. You are not modifying your car to suit everybody elses wants...you are doing it for you. Who cares what anybody else thinks. But I do have to say this, use photoshop and make sure it is what you really want to do. For that much money it would be a shame if you did it and realized that it looked like **** afterwards. Remember, different doesn't always mean better.

So after you see it, and you decide that it is something that you really want to do...start getting quotes from shops. Of course you would want to check out bone yards for a set of lights, you sure as hell don't want to buy them new if you are going to modify them anyway.

I would figure a few grand to to the complete job, including the price of the lights.

·
Registered
142 Posts
wanna spend all that money on a set of taillights to be different? ax the lights and get a s/c then you would be unique.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts