New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming home from skateboarding with a friend as I pull up to a light. There is this completely thugged out kid in this Corolla S. The light turns green and he floors it. Im accelerating normally and when he is a couple cars ahead of me, he slows down to about 10 mph or so and I pass him, then he gets in my lane behind me and starts tailgating me. I'm not having any of this so I switch to the lane next to me. And what do ya know, he changes lanes and continues to tailgate me. So I just floor it and Im out of there. i look in my rear view mirror and he is pretty far back, then I decide to slow down because my turn is coming up and he drives by going so incredibly fast that I felt it.
Oh man I am tired of things like this happening

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
That was very anti-climatic. Perhaps you could throw in a "...and then he pulled out his gun." story at the end......just for entertainment purposes.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
i had that happen to me one night around 10 or so on the way back from a movie, i figured it was just some ahole and everytime i changed lanes they cut behind me, so i switched lanes quickly and hit brakes, turns out he was a cop baiting me into speeding, he pulled me and threatened to give me a warning for my lane change without signaling until i kept throwing his tailgating in his face and that i was trying to avoid a dangerous driver that was about to rearend me and that it was going to be his fault, i had my girlfriend with me and was definately not trying to race.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
That was very anti-climatic. Perhaps you could throw in a "...and then he pulled out his gun." story at the end......just for entertainment purposes.
... or a "i was eating a cheeseburger at the time" when you floord it and kicked his ass :tongue:

either way... yes, boo-urns to this road tale.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I was going down a toll road and something similiar happened. A van was following me no mater what speed i went. I slowed down 20mph figuring they would pass me but they just slowed down too. If I floored it theyd cath back up. They werent tailgating but it was just annoying.

·
Om Mani Padme Hum
981 Posts
ive said it before and ill say it again. Your rear window spray nozzle can double as a squirt gun of sorts. Just back up to a wall, put a needle or pin (not pen) in the hole and adjust aim accordingly on wall. I can still nail the drivers side of someones window with my WW high rise spoiler.

G

·
Originally posted by: mercurycougar

Man , get used to it , heh. I feel your pain though, some nights when Im on my way home Im almost guaranteed someone pulling up next to me and try to pull something. It doesnt matter if its a minivan with a mom, the pizza guy, or a Fiero with a lambo body kit. Sometimes I get sick of driving my car, especially if Im in a bad mood, just because people will not leave you alone , or they just stare. When Im in my moms Explorer its so different, I blend in easily and I can drive in piece.... ok sorry for my rant heh

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug

Man , get used to it , heh. I feel your pain though, some nights when Im on my way home Im almost guaranteed someone pulling up next to me and try to pull something. It doesnt matter if its a minivan with a mom, the pizza guy, or a Fiero with a lambo body kit. Sometimes I get sick of driving my car, especially if Im in a bad mood, just because people will not leave you alone , or they just stare. When Im in my moms Explorer its so different, I blend in easily and I can drive in piece.... ok sorry for my rant heh
werd!

It happens to me nearly all the time. For the most part I don't get tail gated however they stay behind me. It's as if they expect me to speed and use me as a meal ticket for cops so to speak.

Probably what the kid was doign to you mercurycougar. Saw a sports coupe and figured you would speed so used you as a meal ticket incase a cop was up ahead.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: Kaioshin
ive said it before and ill say it again. Your rear window spray nozzle can double as a squirt gun of sorts. Just back up to a wall, put a needle or pin (not pen) in the hole and adjust aim accordingly on wall.

I just did that! I originally didn't even know how to spray my rear spray nozzle. I aimed it now and I am ready for that guy again!

I recommend that everyone does this 5 second easy mod

·
Registered
884 Posts
if someone rides my ass like that, there gonna get a break check.

·
Om Mani Padme Hum
981 Posts
ive said it before and ill say it again. Your rear window spray nozzle can double as a squirt gun of sorts. Just back up to a wall, put a needle or pin (not pen) in the hole and adjust aim accordingly on wall.

I just did that! I originally didn't even know how to spray my rear spray nozzle. I aimed it now and I am ready for that guy again!

I recommend that everyone does this 5 second easy mod
:thumbsup:
The funny thing is, since i did that, it seems less ppl tailgate me now, as if they knew.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yeah, had some Guy in a `03 Taurus pulling that crap, Brake check then i got the finger :)

And another instance on the cruising Strip. Some lil guy in a new corolla S asking to run`em. I just died laughing i couldn't help myself.... he had 5 people in the car too...

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
ive said it before and ill say it again. Your rear window spray nozzle can double as a squirt gun of sorts. Just back up to a wall, put a needle or pin (not pen) in the hole and adjust aim accordingly on wall. I can still nail the drivers side of someones window with my WW high rise spoiler.
I was about to say the same thing. I did that after being tail gated so many times. It's so funny.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I never get cars that might be fun to race trying crap with me. I have had a new Vette and a newer 911 pull up and rev on me. I wasn't stupid enough :stupid: to race them through the city.

When I had my :bowdown: 1970 GS 455 or even my skylark (like a nova) I never ran around picking on cars I knew couldn't hope to stand a chance against me. Of course any Mustang GT or Z28 was fair game.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I never get much attention in my coug, but in the Silverado...now truck racing is a big deal around here. Nothing like a 350 super duty deisel wanting to drag race. And they dont flash their amber lights after a pass...the K/C fog lights on the back rail in your face kind of flash. There are way too many large trucks around here, mainly to tow their 40' power boats.
Come on now, the little coug has some power....down hill...on a cold day...with no one in the passenger seats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts