New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay the thing is ive seen this on alot of cars but was wondering how much does it usually cost to have a control switch panel box in the arm rest consol. Like four switchs to control my neons, O/D, strobes, and interior lights. I was wondering also if any Cougar owners have a custom switch panel in there Arm rest consol with pics

Thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Its very simple to make. I had a 3 switch plate in there awhile back. Made from 1/4" Kidex plastic. 2 L brackets and then 3 switches. I took it out for a cd changer later. Now its empty besides a big hole that everything falls through. Pics? maybe later, need to find some, or better yet I still have that plate....somewhere....

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
somebody on here has one..i just can't remember who. I have my switches on my shift plate, and there's a couple more by the driver's right leg.

Mike

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: Lukydogg
Its very simple to make. I had a 3 switch plate in there awhile back. Made from 1/4" Kidex plastic. 2 L brackets and then 3 switches. I took it out for a cd changer later. Now its empty besides a big hole that everything falls through. Pics? maybe later, need to find some, or better yet I still have that plate....somewhere....
man if u can send me a pic of what it looks like and how it looked when installed id appreciate it

99cougsweetride that looks clean, but i thought about it and wanted it in the arm rest. I also have the same shifter. lol

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Not a box, but a plate - so that the wiring can be free in the back with smashing everything together. I couldn't tell you the dimensions - I took a piece of plastic and cut it until it fit, then painted it black. Simple :)

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
hahahaha

01blkcat, i remembered this thread from a while ago, and specifically remembered your setup. so i did a search to find it before i read the rest of this thread, and once i found it, i realized you had already posted a pic of it lol. good job.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
lmfao, 01blkcat and his fricken switches and electrical stuff, this kid kills me, he could wire a car to turn into a giant cannonball and back i swear...

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dam dude, that look awsome, if u want to sell it, ill take it, and also does your control panel fit the 99-00 arm consol, with armrest, no cupholder

Also i liked everyones control switich ideas, makes you think of more ideas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts