New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for this but nothing comes back.... On the '02's, there is a small compartment at the base of the radio console with a 12V plug next to it.... It is the perfect space to put my scanner in, but upon several attempts of trying to figure out how to remove those pieces, the best that I could figure is that perhaps they's have to be cut out, that they are molded to the rest of the radio console.... The small storage tray, great for glasses, pops out but that's about where all the easy stuff ends, it seems like the shifter and the whole arm rest console would have to be removed to gain access to the rest of the area..... Has anyone ever installed anything in this space and has a how to????

Thanks........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind..... Local speed shop will do the install for $85..... Beats the scaped knuckles and stress not to mention a wasted Saturday morning when I could be out doing a billion other things....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want it out yourself grab the hole and feel the top, there is a small clip at the top, just push in and pull.

just did it about an hour ago, got plans for that space.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got that far, but there is still the 12V outlet and trying to get out that portion of the dash that appears to be attached to the whole stick shift console.... The scanner I want in there will only fit if the 12V outlet is removed.... The speed shop said that they'd have to cut the opening.... EEEEk.... But it is dead space and driving every now and then to Massachusetts from NJ it was nice having the scanner... I miss it.... They are going to mount the antenna and another 12V outlet under the dash for me as well as wire the scanner to the ignition so it isn't accidently left on.... All this and they only want $85.... I'm sure it will take them all of 90 minutes or less to do it....

What are you planning for your space???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts