New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some amps(not all to great ones.)Just wanted to ad 2 new 6 by 9 speakers. and one little 10 inch subwoofer. Was wondering if the stock sterios had audio jacks that the amps plug into or if it was strait speaker wire and what not. I dont really want to replace the stock sterio. Just got rid of all that with my Jeep (Infinity kapa speakers. 2 kenwood amps pioneer 50 disc cd changer. oh ya dont forget about the gps system I had). SO any of you sterio goo roos out there can help it would be much appreciated. hell i dont know if im even making any sence.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ford's stereos do not have jacks for using patch cables. If the amps you want to use have speaker level inputs, you can patch into the factory stereo wiring that way.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Ok, so I dont need any special harnesses to wire in a single amp to power a sub?

I wanna keep my stock cd player and speakers along with all of their controls, but wanna add a single 12" sub for some low end kick. I know how to wire it and everything, but haven't been able to find out about the outputs of the stock cd unit.

Anyone have any diagrams or info on the stock sound system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.