New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is a good place to connect a power wire from neons to the lights?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
uhhh....the battery? can u be more specific when you say "lights?"

Mike

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
uhhh....the battery? can u be more specific when you say "lights?"

Mike
ya no kidding? you mean headlights, interior lights, switch lights, tail lights, dome lights!?!?! lots of choices here.... if you mean as a remote turn on for the light switch then you can do it one of 2 ways...
1st... find the wire that turns on with the head light switch behind the headlight switch... if i remember correctly that wire is blue and red on most cougars

2nd you can do it under the hood... figure out which wire you need to splice your wire into ot make it run of your head lights... i did that with my custom fogs, that I do not have anymore....

good luck

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Yeah Mike's right....it is the wire on the switch that is red, with the blue strip, just be care ful when stripping it, unless you wanna have to reattach it. I ussed the ground wire on ....ummmm... I can't think of what it is, but its got a black ground and a purple wire running into it. Its right next to the headlight switch......Good Luck.......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Loyalty
Yeah Mike's right....it is the wire on the switch that is red, with the blue strip, just be care ful when stripping it, unless you wanna have to reattach it. I ussed the ground wire on ....ummmm... I can't think of what it is, but its got a black ground and a purple wire running into it. Its right next to the headlight switch......Good Luck.......
you can use that wire for sooo much! like my 2 1/16 gauges.... i will have 5 total.. all the lights will turn on with the same wire the red and blue one ;) and for a ground... any black wire will work.. any metal will work as well. Don't ground to much on one wire... make your own ground if you have a lot hooked up like i do :)

my power converter, 5 gauges, 2 head units, an eq soon, cd changer, and my indiglos on one ground might be a little bad ;) so for me, I will ground it to a post you can get to under teh dash ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts