New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i did a compression test on the zetec in class, it was low but almost every cylinder was identical. 1.- 118psi, 2.- 118psi, 3.- 115psi, 4.- 115psi
i was glad to see them all practicaly the same, not happy about it being so low. the car starts with no problems so obviously its enough compression to get it going well. i didnt have time to do a leakage test, but that will tell me exactly where i lie and what could be bad inside the engine. so i will be doing that in a few weeks. hopefully its under 20% leakage, that means im ok for boost! i wish it would be more lik 5%:rofl: yea right.... otherwise, rebuild time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOT yes , engine wascold which i was gonna redo it and try again cuz i would think that the valves being cold would make a lower compression than hot cuz of the solid lifters. so im gonna redo it next week after running it for a while. i should hopefully see better results, if not, then i think i may need a valve job cuz i did the wet test and the compression only went up like 12-15psi so i dont think the rings are shot.

·
Registered
170 Posts
right a bit of a question for ya i have a 1.8 zetec 130hp model but the engine feels like it has no torque acellerates fine nice and steady but with no torque as such did a compression test came back 70-80psi across the board has been running like this 50k had to have it rebult due to an oil pump failure but it's still the same done 20k on the re-buld at the mo still runs fine minus the torque factor any ideas:confused::banghead:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts