New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm heading to Columbus this weekend from North Carolina, via route 77...

Is 33 a good route or no? It's a much more direct route than taking 77 all the way to 70 and over, but I don't want to risk it if it is a ****ty road. Lowered car + fiberglass kit = no potholes/bad roads. Let me know, it's your state. :)

thanks,

kel

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Hey what's up?
That's cool you're cruisin through our state.
I don't know rt 33 but 77 should be ok for you.
Jason and I have both driven down 77 quite a ways and
my car is approx. 2.5 inches off the ground in the front.

anyway just wanted to say hi I'd like to check the (all black)
Cougar out but I'm not near Columbus

later
mike

·
5,241 Posts
Is 33 a good route or no?
In a word, No. At least not for what you're looking for.

From someone who drives from Columbus to Logan (check your map ;) ) almost every weekend, and used to drive to Athens pretty frequently, take my advice and do the I-77 to I-70 route. For one, there is construction on 33, so you might run into some uneven pavement, but mostly because while 77/70 is longer, it'll take less time because it's 65 MPH speed limit and more lanes than 33, plus no going through Nelsonville or Lancaster.

33 would be more scenic, if you don't mind taking longer.

HTH

What are you in Columbus for, if you don't mind me asking?

·
5,241 Posts
Cool. You bring much needed tourist dollars to our economy! Buy a lot of stuff! Thanks!

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Hey guys. Is National Trails still open, me and my friend with his 13.8 GTP (damn him, nah j/k) were going to go down there Saturday so we could see what our cars could do. He's got a few more things done to his car now so he's hoping for mid to low 13's I think. Anyway, Keli, maybe you should come and show off your car, it'd be so sweet to see it in person. Anyway, we met some civic freak who likes to slap turbos on everything:rolleyes: today at school and he said he though National Trails was closed for the season. If so, we're prolly just gonna head down to Edgewater, since I'm almost positive they're open.

·
Administrator
24,306 Posts
They closed early to re-pave the track. Woohoo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts