New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really trying to figure out exactly what color to paint my cougar and if u could throw some suggestions or pics it would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hot Pink!!

Dark Dark DARK blue.. almost black with a light metallica sparkle..

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Judging by your name id guess your cougar is white already, so you must be crazy to think it would look good in any other color ;). When i had my black cougar i always wanted a white or yellow one, i just think they are the best looking stock colors for the car (which is why i got a white one). I dont know what you have done as far as mods but you should try to make sure you have all the body pieces that you want because it will cost more in the end to say get it painted and then get an aftermarket front bumper and then have to have that painted. I say if your spending the money you might as well go custom. Id suggest a pearl paint job, i like white with blue pearl and you dont see pearl paint jobs too often. Not sure how much you know about paint but if you dont know what that is it would be a base color and with an additional color put on there that can be seen in the light or at certain angles.

Oh yea, and check out Cougardb.com. That should help you see every stock color at least and help you with how certain mods look in different colors.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Heres my car that has a black base and dark blue pearl and BloodRaves which has a black and silver base with a Deep Red Pearl.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I second what OJE said.

Keep it white.
As the rock group The Barenaked Ladies state , "vanilla" is the finest of the flavors.

If I was you I'd keep it white and lay down a pearlescent coat on top.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
ya, white cougars are nice :) as long as you don't go super wild with anything it makes for a verrrry smooth looking car.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: spacedog73
I second what OJE said.

Keep it white.
As the rock group The Barenaked Ladies state , "vanilla" is the finest of the flavors.

If I was you I'd keep it white and lay down a pearlescent coat on top.
Well, going by that advice, you could also say that...

-according to Pearl Jam, "Black" would be the way to go, or
-New Order would say "Blue," especially on Monday, or
-REM would say "Green," or
-the Cure might say it'd look good in "Orange," or
-Jimmy Hendrix would say "Purple," of course he'd be in a Haze ;)

:biggrin:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Is that a stoffler kit on bloodraves car???

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
go with black, then get the rims powder coated to match. i love my yellow but i would love a black one just for the mysteriousness of it, kinda sneaky almost... then roll up with ghostbusters theme song blasting... tight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I mean i do like my car white but then again i think that i want more of an exotic color. Its not really a problem about paint cause my dad owns an autobody shop. I do really like that blue that was posted.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: CATerina
Keep the white and through a **** loat of blue pearl on it and your good to go.
agreed, a friend of mine has a white car with orange pearl and it was freakin awesome

1 - 20 of 56 Posts