New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on repainting my car in a couple of months to baby blue. I was just wondering if there is a color code for this or do I have to do a custom mix? If I have to do a custom mix, Iam afraid that the color won't turn out exactly the way I hoped for. Plus it would be a problem to fix it if I ever mess the paint up in the future. Anyway if anyone got a color code for this I would really like to get it. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
is the blue on JScullin's car light enough for you? or do you want lighter than that?
scullin's car is the light saffire blue, the FAQ page has a list of the cougar paint codes.
I have a 95 Ford Contour with paint Portofino Blue (see attached picture), which is slightly lighter than scullin's car.
I don't have the paint code handy, but can easily look it up if necessary.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
go to a autobody/paint supply store and they will have thousands of color chips you can look through. When you custom mix a color they make a code for it so you can get more later. Custom mixed paint can be changed to exactly what you want by adding more of each color until it's what you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts