New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how'd it go guys!?! i'm curious to hear details!

N

·
0 Posts
I would like to be the first to say I had a blast all weekend. It definatly was worth every penny. The cabin was amazing and everything we expected. We have tons of pictures and a couple videos so we will get those posted this week. :banana:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Damn, dude - that shot of all of us came out great, except you can tell we were all freezing our asses off!

It was great meeting everyone and seeing the mods (and hearing the exhaust). It was sweet getting into all the car talk with everyone, real helpful for me deciding what to do next - suspension and exhaust!

BTW, did anyone else go back through 129? It was only about 1 1/2 hours back to Gainesville and it freaking rocked! Although I had to stop a couple of times to get away from fuddy duddies, it is a great drive (only scared myself once :biggrin: and illegally passed a slow driver once - right before I scared myself with some squeally understeer... gotta get those strut tower braces...

N

·
0 Posts
I would also like to say Mark (CgBurns) and Jason are honorary members of COOGA now. :beer:

·
Registered
271 Posts
yes, yes they are. They took advantage of our extended welcome to other neco members and drove 12 hours to hang out for 2 days.....thanks you guys!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
:beer: ye, saw a few of those this weekend haha:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
yeah i'm always up for the trip...but next time yall gotta come up here haha....but yeah i'll get the pics up soon...promise it won't take me 2 months this time :biggrin:

but let me say this....the ride home was absolute HELL ...got a flat tire (right front) ...the one that we thought was low saturday night before we went back up to the cabin.. that was around the GA/NC border so i drove at least 400 miles on the donut...then my alternator starts freakin out and my car dies...got it jumped at a rest area and we were fine as long as i didn't use the brakes or turn signals...when i did everything would go out, including my headlights, and the car started to stutter a bit....so anyway it was shakin like all hell from the donut, couldn't use the radio or anything from GA on, and i had to listen to jason sing.....

....so when i thought it couldn't get any worse, when we finally get off the exit for my street and i stop at the light the car just dies again...luckily it started right back up, but as i'm turning i feel my right rear tire go out!! ....i was like you have got to be kidding me...but i was right outside my apt pretty much so i rode into a parking space on the rim........ PURE HELL! .......so yeah other than that i had a GREAT time!

N

·
0 Posts
damn Mark :( sorry to hear about all your troubles man . At least you are home now :beer:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Glad you made it back alright...(DreamNforspeed) I took a nice trip down 129 myself...I got some nice pics of the twists in that wicked road. Those U turns in the road are unreal and the banked S-turns are awesome. I had some wheel hop coming down the mountain which scared me to death. An 18-wheeler about ran me off the road...I looked up and he was in my lane. I followed a Prowler and tried to stay with him but he was able to handle the curves better. I need some strut bars!
Pics will be posted on the cooga website.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
dude we sooo should not have made it back but we did and it kicks ass....mark has vids and pics of the trip up there....a vid of how much his car was shakin....it's incredible we made it back....

it was awesome hangin out with you all this weekend....wish i didn't have to leave....lookin forward to doing it again

oh yeah...where's the mustached mullet lesbian???

edit:..n/m...i see there is a picture thread

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ye and i though mark was gunna kill me after that. haha

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: CGburns
just wanted to add that george almost killed me at 120mph.... i'll let him explain :biggrin:
:flushed: it wasnt that bad

Adam was following too close and Mark was in my blind spot.... im not at fault :rofl:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
we were all racing lol and i got up on your butt so you would stop swearving back and forth in the road you crazy asain lol. and then erica and i were like oh my god! haha

·
Registered
271 Posts
alrighty, this is what I remember. Normally when I have such a traumatic experience, I tend to block things out, but here is what I remember...:rofl:

Me & Adam, George & Jason, and Mark were racing and playing around. George starts swerving in and out of the 2 lanes and as he is doing so, Mark is speeding up to catch up with us and george did not see him, so george swerved into Mark's Lane while mark was coming. Basically, Mark had to vear off the road going 120 mph into the grass then swerve back onto the road and he almost lost control completely. phew...now my fingers are tired from typing :rofl:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
hey i just noticed something in georges sig........we had the two blues together, then the reds, and then the greens. but where the hell is antoher white one? :cry: haha jk

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: BasSpyder420
hey i just noticed something in georges sig........we had the two blues together, then the reds, and then the greens. but where the hell is antoher white one? :cry: haha jk
:thumbsdn: white cougars

:rofl: jk

and about mark...i think yall are exaggerating.... lol

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
no way dude, yall two were so close we couldnt slide a sheet of paper throught there haha:rofl:

·
Registered
271 Posts
no exaggerating necessary! I think Adam is still suffering from my screaming :rofl:
Good point Adam, I didn't even notice in his sig the colors together.....just remember, no one is GOOD enough to have a white one ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts