New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm about to buy some but, they go through an invertor then to a molex connector......how exactly would I connect it to my car? I can't use a molex connector.

·
Registered
517 Posts
what mod are you trying to do?? im confused.
josh

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cold cathoded from svc.com I want to put some in my car.......they are like neons. But they are for the computer and use a "molex connector"

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just cut the Molex already... run the red to power, and the black to ground. Both blacks are ground, and the yellow isn't used. They run on 5v power, last I checked, so you'll need to get a 5v power supply. Might even be able to build one cheap that takes 12v and puts out 5v easily.

Edit: I believe the MB uses 5v, and the drives use 12v on second thought, but I may be wrong...

·
Registered
83 Posts
In a computer, if they hook to the yellow and black wires it would be 12 volt. If they hook to the red and black of the molex, they are 5 volt and you need a converter.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have the SVC 6" cold cathode in my headlight assembly. I just wired them straight in, red power and black gnd. The only problem I had was, I tried to use one converter and put one light a piece in the headlight. I extended the wires to go to the other headlight and it didn't work. I'm guessing power wasn't strong enough. So I just put two bulbs a piece in the headlights. The lights can be modified I.E. break the plastic square's that are on the end of the tubes. I can't post pics of the plastic pieces off but I will try to post pics of the lights themselves.

Gregg

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I had a pair of two blue cold cathodes from my computer case, then I decided to put them in my car, so all I did was cut the black and red wire before it got to the molex connector and hooked it up to the ground and remote wire on my amp and it worked fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts