New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sunshine always owns me
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is way long overdue but I just wanted to thank everyone who installed my cold air intake! From what I understand it was a pain in the butt and took 6 hours but you guys did a great job! Thank you! :bowdown:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I'll be sure to deliver the message to Shay!

I was sooo tired I crashed at about 6am....he stayed up until 10am to finish it! Him and Kicks that is.

·
Registered
553 Posts
i dunno if im looking forward to installing this thing lol, not helping the fact its my first time as well rofl. I may have to ask a member from around here for help, buy him lunch or something.

·
Sunshine always owns me
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It usually doesn't take that long to install, they just had problems with my car because a deer ran into the driver's side and messed some things up. Good luck!

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,007 Posts
Originally posted by: InnovaZero
i dunno if im looking forward to installing this thing lol, not helping the fact its my first time as well rofl. I may have to ask a member from around here for help, buy him lunch or something.
Hey Mike - we will surely be having a central Ohio fall meet pretty soon, where we'll have about 5 guys that have all done it before. If you can wait a while, we can get that done easily.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Originally posted by: cougirllp
It usually doesn't take that long to install, they just had problems with my car because a deer ran into the driver's side and messed some things up. Good luck!
that and we didn't have proper tools

·
102 Posts
:wave:

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, kenny got so mad at the tools, he was just punching holes in the metal with his FIST!
:rofl:

nah, someone went out and got a saws-all i think... the drill motor wasn't strong enough.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
If i had known i woulda brought something like this but with a 3.5 inch bit... works fast and only requires you to drill a 1/2-5/8 inch hole...

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Yeah man I would KILL for a knockout set like that...But I dont want to die in the process and pay $250!!!

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I FINALLY installed mine too! Woo... :D

I just went out and spent $35 at Home Depot and got a killer hole saw set, and we used Marcus' Dewalt drill. ;) Took about 5 seconds to rip thru. The hardest part on my car was trying to get the filter/pipe under the car to mount them. With all my diamond-plate, and alum plates installed, we almost had to take off the front wheel to get it, but finally managed to wiggle it in by jacking the front up a bit.

E1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.