New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my cougar and i am getting a cold air intake. I was just wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to install it? I haven't really looked at it too much. I put one on my firebird and that was waaaaay easy.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
i'll assume it's an MTX (Manual)

If it's a GMK/Titan/CustomCougars intake then it's little more than removing the battery, relocating the fuse box and cutting a hole in the metal, then installing the kit and putting the battery back in.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
simple formula.. this:

will get you this:

all you need to do is take out the battery, loosen up the fusebox and move it out of the way just enough to make the hole, and the rest is simple.

Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That doesn't sound too bad. I am going to invest in one next week. It sux cause it is cold here. Not fun working in the snow! It is a manual.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
all you need to do is take out the battery, loosen up the fusebox and move it out of the way just enough to make the hole, and the rest is simple.

Mike
Wow... that's almost exactly what i said... except for the "Mike" part. ;)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: ignernt
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide

Mike
Wow... that's almost exactly what i said... except for the "Mike" part. ;)
You mentioned 'relocating the fuse box'. That is NOT necessary. I just wanted to make it clear that you don't have to do this ... :)

Mike

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
OH contrare! If you move the fuse box even a little..you've relocated it ;) And you did mention having to move it aside, therefore re-locating it from its original position. :biggrin:

:cover:

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
the battery tie down is usable still but at least on my car the fuse box is now held in place by just being in such a tight spot..i still have the stock battery so its realllllyyyy a tight fit to get everything in. but its not going anywhere

·
Registered
487 Posts
Where can i get a drill bit like the one shown by mike in that pic??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would also like to know where to get a bit like that! I want to put an intake on, but i don't know how i would make a whole without getting a bit like that. I don't really have much for saws or anything that might work. My grandpa has all that though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
well you CAN drill a bunch of small holes to get a 3" hole, but i'd rather have a clean cut:)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I got that thing at Home Depot. Just make sure you get the Metal Hole saw, cuz they have ones for cutting wood there too, and they won't work. I believe mine was 3.5", and it was perfect for the job. You just can't use the drill bit they give you, you have to use a longer one. I found it easy to drill a hole in the metal first, where the center of the 3.5" hole would be, then put the hole saw on with the longer bit, put the bit in the drilled hole, and then drill the larger hole. This way it will stay centered because the longer drill bit is in the smaller hole.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts