New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ive searched this website up and down and found nothign so it comes to this, im sure ill get ragged on but o well. I order the cold air intake off Custom cougars and they didnt send me the instructions or anything on where and how to mount the fuse box so im pretty much out of luck b/c ive looked and had everthing pulled off and couldnt figure out anything. I would much apperciate it if anyone could help me out here. I just need to know how and were to mount the fuse box...

Thanks Jared

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well you know i thought that this site was set up to help people, instead all you want to do is say that. I mean is it reallly that hard to help me out here. Who cares who makes it or where you buy it all that matters is that its bought you can buy it from who ever and im not going to bash you its not a big deal. I just need some help and instead of helping you would rather bash me.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Originally posted by: Cky2k897
Well you know i thought that this site was set up to help people, instead all you want to do is say that. I mean is it reallly that hard to help me out here. Who cares who makes it or where you buy it all that matters is that its bought you can buy it from who ever and im not going to bash you its not a big deal. I just need some help and instead of helping you would rather bash me.

well sorry I was recommending the person who created it, because it comes with directions, cause he
took the time to research and do the design, thus he knows how it is installed, Frankly irregardless who
I buy an item from if it didn't come with instructions I would be pissed, and would be on the phone
with that person. Its really quite sad If a company can't even support its customers in the basic way of instructions. Instead you got "hey here is your stuff good luck..." attitude. Sorry I didn't go into great detail on the why. It is hard to help you cause I don't care to put my filter down in the area prone to get wet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As soon as I paid for my CAI from Custom Cougar an automated reply email came verifying my payment...along with a "how to" file on installing the CAI with pictures. It was very complete. So maybe you missed that email. Contact the company.

The instructions gave 3 alternatives for the fuse box. 1) Under the battery. There is plenty of space down there. Get self starting sheetmetal screws at a hardware store. Problem: it's kinda mickeymouse. Kinda tough to get at if you ever need to check your fuses. 2) Get a smaller battery like CATerina did in the picture in the post above. (beautiful job!) 3) Put the battery in the trunk and the fuse box will go where the battery is. There are many topics in this forum covering puting the battery in the trunk. I saw a picture on this site of someone using their stock battery, and just pusing the battery closer to the engine.

I opted for a new Optima, since my original battery was 4 years old. The Optima, (like CATerina's battery above) is as tall and wide as the stock battery, but not as long.

The air temp sensor I put at the MAF adapter. Some Silicone from the autoparts store keeps it in place and seals it.

This was my first performance mod. It's barely louder than stock. I gained about 1 and a half miles to the gallon, quicker pedal response and a noticable increase of power at hiway passing speed. Jeez, I sound like a commercial.

I almost feel guilty saying I bought a Custom Cougar product. The guy who makes the Grnd Master Khan intake is very helpful to other people on this board and is pretty smart. He definitely deserves the business.

·
Premium Member
24,676 Posts
Originally posted by: Hytu
The CAI should have been patented so you people wouldnt cry about it.

Thats all i have to say.
:wave: noob

·
Premium Member
24,676 Posts
Originally posted by: Hytu
Originally posted by: LostRacer
Originally posted by: Hytu The CAI should have been patented so you people wouldnt cry about it. Thats all i have to say.
:wave: noob
Pm'ed Noob......:wave:
You should adhere to your sig..:wave: PM returned

:rofl: you deleted your sig..smart move. :tongue:.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,685 Posts
Originally posted by: Cky2k897
Also i forgot to ask where does the IAT sensor go...
Some short-ram setups have an IAT port in the MAF adapter. Mine doesn't so I drilled another hole in the short tube and dremeled out "wings" so I could insert the IAT sensor. Then you need to put a little foam "washer" on the IAT, so it seals correctly.

But man, I'm telling you - GET THAT IAT SENSOR IN THE AIR FLOW. I originally had my IAT attached in a silicone hose running off a tube, much ilke the old KKM "relocation kit" did. And honestly, I never noticed any difference between teh short ram and the cold-air intakes. But when I finally got that sensor IN THE AIR FLOW, I noticed a HUGE increase in pull and performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.