New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have my cat in go go customs right now getting my kit molded shavin the antenna shavin the door handles shaving everythign :) but anyway i was gonna get airbags but he was telling me how they fail a lot in winter cause of the cold and i hear we are gonna have a bad one but anyway i was thinkin of just gettin coil overs then switchin to bags in like march or april when it starts gettin better out....i have millennium side skirts and an xtreme front...do you guys think that coilovers will give me enough lift for it to be my daily driver? i need some help quick
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
I know of two widebodies that have coilovers and were used as daily drivers. ProjectCougar (James) and StreetConcepts (Craig) Be careful of that front edge on the sides though. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Get some coilovers and then sell em to me real cheap when you get bags ;) If you decide to get bags in the spring your going to run into the same problem next year though unless you plan to sit your cougar all winter. Some people dont mind doing that, i know i could never spend all that money on my car and then just garage it for 4 or 5 months out of the year.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
several people i know have daily driver bags. all 6 have civics though. but none the less, rain sleeet snow and ice, all with bags. i wouldnt be too scared. where u from in pa

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have coilovers on my cougar, and I love them! I sure that she will be staying in the garage soon when it starts snowing.

I drive my car daily and have no problems--I also have 19" rims on it also.

marty

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i saw someone that was selling their 19'' focals on here so i might buy them and put them on my cougar with the coilovers then when the weather gets nice throw buy some 18 spinners and get bags but anyway i am in philly right before northeast...but anyone know where i can get some 18 or 19(if they will fit) spinners to put on with the airbags?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
dont do spinners. they are meant for suvs. 18 inch spinners are pointless to me. besides our bolt pattern 4x104 is pretty rare so id doubt they'd make them anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts