New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know are the coil overs on ebay, any good, and if was to get any other complay do i have to modify anything, I just wantthe coild overs the adjustable kind, lmk what you guys think i should, thereason for this ios because my cougar high
thanks,
05fordgt

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by: 05fordgt
i need to know are the coil overs on ebay, any good, and if was to get any other complay do i have to modify anything, I just wantthe coild overs the adjustable kind, lmk what you guys think i should, thereason for this ios because my cougar high
thanks,
05fordgt
:repost: <--- click here and try this next time before you hit that nifty "new thread" button

now that you've had you're flaming for being a n00b... they are ok, but if you'd searched you'd see this exact same question has been asked a million times and i beleive the same answer has been given by numerous people, the springs that come with these coilovers arent the correct spring rate for our exact car, they are a cheap "universal" spring rate, which produces harsh ride and can also cause you're struts to wear out quickly... IIRC the matrix coilovers are actually the correct spring rate, they are just cheap... the best way to go is ground control coilovers... but if you had read the suspension sticky at the top of the page, you'd know that already...

Dan

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
A little more info would be useful. Coilovers being sold on eBay could be anything from high quality parts to pieces of crap.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
hell u dont even gotta do that look for a post from me or funkyboy we've got side by side pics of ebay coil overs and custom cougs, they are the same product.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I thought the eBay coilovers had issues with Koni's though? Cuz if not . . . hmmm . . . interesting . . .

EDIT: Opinions on these working with ST200 struts?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Does anyone know if there's a pair of those knock off's for the 01-02's? I know you can go out and buy something for the rear struts or w/e... but I also know GC has coil overs that will fit up to the 02 struts no prob.. if so I'm going to have my coug lowered a lot sooner then I expected!

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
its a full coilover setup. you dont need anything extra for the 01-02 cougars. these fit on plagues car just fine and still no issues that i know of.

the problem with these is not with the koni setups but with the stock struts that are larger diameter than the koni's

the struts must be sanded/grinded down to fit the collars for the coilovers. if you do go the koni route the collars fit just fine but the d-rings are too big so you need to call ground control and get the koni spec d-rings. i think they run around 20$ for all 4

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
If thats the case then damn . . . now I just need to get paid so's I can get me some Koni's . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.