New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone come up with a solution of how to replace the coffee cup holder?
I know you can get rid of it, but how about something nice to actually make it work ?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Besides gettinng rid of it by turning it in to a cd holder. I think that the only other option is to replace it with a 01-02 center console. But Im not entirely sure. Maybe so one with a 99 could offer better knowledge.

Also welcome to the boards! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Heres my solution, use the cup holder in the back and make ur passengers hold their drinks, and if they dont like it have them walk, and if they spill it make sure they clean their mess. lol, i looked at doin this as well, but i dont wanna take that center console out ever again, i beleive theres a link how to do this the correct way and make the cup "spiller" into a CD holder, cant find the link though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changing that brilliant piece of engineering and plastic moulding into a cd changer is not very practical for me.
I have a 120 cd album that's spilling with cd's because I have more than 120 in it. And I need them all !
Plus here in canada its very popular to go to tim horton's and get a coffee through the driver through her thingy
cuz its cold. And my car is a stick shift. Sounds like the 2001 option is better.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Originally posted by: vandit
driver through her thingy
Wait, what kinda drink are you taking in your car???????

Its wierd, my 99 has an actual holder, not a spiller. Did the "Sport Package" come with the spiller, but the regular one with the holder? I'm just trying to figure out if someone previously changed consoles in the car.

Not to mention, the one in the center (where the armrest would be) is slightly bigger. The one by the shifter will hold a McD's "Regular size" drink, but the rear one will hold a "Large size" drink, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
Originally posted by: vandit
driver through her thingy
Wait, what kinda drink are you taking in your car???????

Its wierd, my 99 has an actual holder, not a spiller. Did the "Sport Package" come with the spiller, but the regular one with the holder? I'm just trying to figure out if someone previously changed consoles in the car.

Not to mention, the one in the center (where the armrest would be) is slightly bigger. The one by the shifter will hold a McD's "Regular size" drink, but the rear one will hold a "Large size" drink, if that makes any sense.
yours was previously changed out. i have a 99 and it has the spiller and so dont the rest of the 99's i think they change over in 00 or 01

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.