New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all is required here? In order to do this is it true that all I need to do is buy a purge kit, a tank for CO2, and the hosing? Help me out here.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Bottle, lines, purge kit, and maybe some wire for electrical(may come with purge kit).

·
Registered
884 Posts
dont forget a flame to light the purge with!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Why would you want to even purge if you didnt really have nitrous? Yeah, its kool to have, but its gotta be real nitrous man.

·
Administrator
11,636 Posts
I'm surprised APC hasn't produced some "NOS FX" kit for people like this. Basicly it would consist of a simple CO2 tank, hose & button for you to purge at your hearts content without hemmoraging money out the ass for the NO2 refills.

Of course you'll be shooting this thing off every chance you get. Once word gets out that you have "NOS" people will want to race you if they don't already. At the light you'll spray for "intimidation" purposes and proceed to get smoked. Then you won't use the thing again. :)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yeah really... i mean why not... they already have that thing that makes the same sound as a BOV :rofl:

·
Registered
388 Posts
like one person said before it's either SHOW or GO. Since we can't have GO I'm just fine with the SHOW. Besides you pull up beside a Hooduhh and purge. Your still gonna kick his ass, with or without the FX. It's intimidating all by itself.

:hitit:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Who says you can't have go? Just install all possible bolt on's with a bottle of nitrous and you have yourself a high 13 second car. AN ATX could probably pull high 14's with that type of setup. Thats not tons of go, but for a street car, it will take out most imports, along with some american muscle also.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
Why would you want to even purge if you didnt really have nitrous? Yeah, its kool to have, but its gotta be real nitrous man.
I really wish I could afford nos but i just can't. School just raised tuition costs so I'm dead broke right now and can only afford to spend a little bit on my car at a time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW...Dgnzcoug I just want you to know I'm not trying to copy you at all. That's the main reason I just want CO2, also I just want the affect of the purge for shows in the upcoming season.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Now, I am not speaking from experience here... I have never tried to just setup a purge kit without actually having nitrous. Can you set up only the purge? I would think that you would need the control box or solonoids from the N2O kit, and the purge is an addition to it. I may be wrong, but if I am right you wont be really saving any money on the installation to do a fake setup. You still need a control box or solonoids, a bottle, lines, and a purge kit. The only money you are saving by going this route is what you would spend on the actual N2O. It's not worth it to spend your cash on this, when you could just do the real thing for the same amount of money. Plus, a kit isn't all that expensive. You can get one off of ebay for around $350 - $400. That should include everything you need for the basic setup, and the you can make additions later.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so here's my deal right now. I have a friend that is willing to sell me his Nos kit with everything I need except the purge kit for 100 dollars. So say i buy this kit off him and I do buy the purge kit off ebay or something, is there a way to set it up without having to actually run the nos to my engine. Cause i know that if i have it then I'll want to use it and i really don't think that is the best idea for me.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
$100??? If you don't buy it let me know. I'll take it! I could use a dual bottle setup and some spare parts! You wont even need a purge kit if you want to do it like that. Just buy the kit, and run the line that is supposed to go to the engine into a vent. Disable the WOT switch, and hook up an inline momentary button that will turn the nitrous on. You should be able to "purge" then. And you could fill the bottle with CO2 instead to be cheaper. You are gonna run through a 10LB bottle really quickly too. Even using tiny jets, your bottle will still only last for like 7 or 8 minutes of use. I still ask why you want to do this... Why not just buy the kit and hook it up correctly? I mean, sure it's cool that you can sit at a stoplight and look like the fast and the furious - but take it from me... Having nitrous is a huge attention getter... Everybody is going to want to go for a ride or race. I don't know if feeling cool at a stoplight every so often is worth all the embarassment of having to tell everyone that your kit is fake. You are kinda defeating the purpose of having the purge kit... You would be showing off something that you don't have! Anyways, the way I described earlier would work - so go for it!

:banana:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info. And yes I'll be buying it and then giving strong concideration into hooking it up right. For only $100 I can't really loose out too much.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Have a seperate system of Co2 for show, then a full system of No2 for go-
I thought about a similar setup for those who purge the No2 systems for show...why not have a secondary system just of Co2 for show purposes? The mess of having 2 systems running and all the different hoses running everywhere, but that also adds attention...seems that more **** you have sticking out everywhere the better for show.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
if you buy that nos kit... and set up a real purge on it (kinda stupid not to) then you purge at the line if you wanted the effect otehrtimes so you coudl purge for basicly nothign you could still hookup a matching bottle to just a purge valve and find some paintball shopt o fill it wiht co2 for you.. then you have the real **** and since you want the look you wudl have two bottles nice pooints and you coudl purge off the cheap stuff and save the good stuff for real use... cause purging is not cheap...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by: Lukydogg
I thought about a similar setup for those who purge the No2 systems for show...why not have a secondary system just of Co2 for show purposes? The mess of having 2 systems running and all the different hoses running everywhere, but that also adds attention...seems that more **** you have sticking out everywhere the better for show.
not trying to be a butthole or anything, but could you call it n2o?? 2 atoms of nitrogen, 1 atom of oxygen.

·
So its begun.....
16,839 Posts
Originally posted by: rista
Originally posted by: Lukydogg
not trying to be a butthole or anything, but could you call it n2o?? 2 atoms of nitrogen, 1 atom of oxygen.
you butthole :disgust:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts