New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After bleeding my clutch a hundred times from the slave cylinder and it keep getting air in it. I diagnosed it to be the clutch master cylinder located near the clutch pedal due to brake fluid leaking from the cylinder. I'm just wondering after I replace it is there a specific way of bleeding it or do I just press it a bunch until the air escapes.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
You can bench-bleed the master if you have a vacuum pump; will save a lot of headache trying to pump up the pedal and all that later on. GET THEE TO YOUTUBE

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Easiest way, that I've found, to bleed the clutch master:

Get a vacuum bleeder kit, the hand held type with an inline reservoir. Fill reservoir with fluid by draining the driver side of the brake fluid reservior till it's empty.

Add a clear hose section to the end of the bleeder system. Disconnect the master cylinder hose from the brake fluid reservoir and connect it to the vacuum bleeder system, and tilt the bleeder reservoir so that the inlet from the master cylinder hose is under the fluid, and the outlet to the vacuum pump is above the fluid. Draw a vacuum on the system till bubbles stop coming through clear hose section, then pump the clutch pedal a few times, draw vacuum back down, repeat until clutch pedal feels good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts