New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basica;;y i was wonderin if any one has gotten this procedure done, and how much it cost them..if so i have further questions.. thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
why not ask seatman, ten bucks says he could answer just about any question for ya. :)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
If you have a 99 or 00 cougar...forget about tryng to get them done, since the material is laminated to the foam you will have to pay a shop for time, and new foam. I priced my front seats, back seats and arm rest and was looking at $2200.

it was 1/3 of the price to buy 2002 embroydered seats off seatman :)

All I can say....BEST COMFORT EVER, and killer looks and quality.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
or you could go Katskinz, and get custom covers for the seats..

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I had Katzkin installed ontop of my 2001 ZN Seats and nothing compares to the comfort that the Katzkin provides... Even with my Sparco Milanos, I wish I had Katzkin installed cause of the comfort factor.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I sat in Dans seats at Hamillfest :)
Very "firm" seats... great quality - i'd recommend them.
i've never seen / felt Katzkin's work, but they do have a great reputation.

flip a coin! :tongue: i'm sure you would be happy with either of them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For $200 I got a full set of grey leather power seats from a 2002 to put in my 1999 at a scrap yard. Make sure you look them over first. I looked over 4 other sets before I found the set I bought. Look for tiny cuts (most of what I found were covered with glass at some point). the mounts are the same no matter what year, just the wiring harness that has changed.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Originally posted by: AmesBlackCat
For $200 I got a full set of grey leather power seats from a 2002 to put in my 1999 at a scrap yard. Make sure you look them over first. I looked over 4 other sets before I found the set I bought. Look for tiny cuts (most of what I found were covered with glass at some point). the mounts are the same no matter what year, just the wiring harness that has changed.
I looked into some seats at my local junk yard and the seats all had blood stains on them. I still almost bought them cause I was planning on getting them wrapped in custom twead anyway. But decided that the blood was a little too much for me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey if any one has any more info on Katskin that would be great or even some pics, cause i have no idea what they look like or even feel like, are they softer than that of leather?? thanks again in advance

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the site tropiccougar01, now does any one have any pics of their car done up w/ katzkin? if so some pics would be nice
-al

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
interesting, my dealership said they would put in leather seats for $900

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
the cougar im trading in for has cloth seats, as opposed to my curent leather seats.
I hate the new seats, but I dont mind because Im gonna find some aftermarket ones. I like the tenzo's, but not sure if theyll work...

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
I bought a set of used leather seats off someone here. Just keep your eye out on people who are buying racing seats. ;)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I bought a set of used leather seats off someone here. Just keep your eye out on people who are buying racing seats.
Yup, thats a great way of getting a deal on leather seats. And it helps out the people who's girlfriends want the seats out of the living room, hehehehe.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by: Mtang4life
I bought a set of used leather seats off someone here. Just keep your eye out on people who are buying racing seats.
Yup, thats a great way of getting a deal on leather seats. And it helps out the people who's girlfriends want the seats out of the living room, hehehehe.
it always comes back to the girlfriend huh :slap:
-Al

1 - 18 of 18 Posts