New Cougar Forum banner

Clear VS RED

969 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jrak123 
#1 ·
I was helping my friend change his power steering fluid today, and I'm used to seeing red power steering fluid and that is what he had in there when we started. when he opened the quart to start adding the new fluid, it was clear I was like WTF I have never seen clear PS fluid before whats the difference if any between the two???

#2 ·
never heard of that one... I am also used to the red [censored]...

#4 ·
Originally posted by: CATerina
He prob put in brake fluid lol
Thats what i first thought it was until I looked at the bottle itself. It said Power steering fluid on it, and said on the back not for use as brake or transmission fluid. IDK, he is a tight wad so it was an off brand.

#5 ·
Maybe they filled the bottle with water, and put a sticker on it that said "Power steering fluid"? Its an off brand, so you never know....:cover:

#6 ·
Originally posted by: azbobbybooshay10
Maybe they filled the bottle with water, and put a sticker on it that said "Power steering fluid"? Its an off brand, so you never know....:cover:
That's actually kinda funny bobby

#9 ·
ok I'm even more confused than when i posted this, Me and my buddy just checked his power steering fluid he was just checking to make sure everything was ok, but instead of the fluid being clear like when we put it in, it is now once again, Red I'm thinking this is because, we might not have gotten all of the fluid out.

#12 ·
because I have more experiance than most buying power steering fluid (due to my '67 mustang that ford was trying out their new hi-pressure power steering system on)... 'basically' it's interchangable with trans fluid (at least for the older cars like jrak123 mentioned...) which is pink/red and half the price of PS fluid which typically is clear. But it varies between companies. I've bought PS fluid that looked/smelled/felt like trans fluid and visa versa...

#13 ·
Originally posted by: Goldie
because I have more experiance than most buying power steering fluid (due to my '67 mustang that ford was trying out their new hi-pressure power steering system on)... 'basically' it's interchangable with trans fluid (at least for the older cars like jrak123 mentioned...) which is pink/red and half the price of PS fluid which typically is clear. But it varies between companies. I've bought PS fluid that looked/smelled/felt like trans fluid and visa versa...
I wish there were more females like this around!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.