New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can use K&N filter cleaner or a hose to clean the filter (off the car, of course)
and then K&N filter oil to re-oil the filter. Make sure not to over-oil the filter
You should be able to get the K&N filter cleaner pack from most autoparts stores, or speedshops.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
If you have excess oil dripping blow it slightly...but be careful to make sure all of the filter is red...And Yes that oil can be dangerous if it leaks into the intake piping, MAF, or farther...so be careful...let it dry over night if you have to...

·
Registered
102 Posts
did anyone notice any better performance with the stock box k&N air filter or did it sound any different??? just curious

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Holy sweet mother of all Holy bumps! Damn, dude! This thread is over 4 years old! How far back in the archives did you search to bump this?

I think this goes down as. Greatest. Thread Bump. Evar!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
There we have it.... you are proof that i search before i post..and now that you mention it lol this is kinda old like yelling into a grave....

·
Registered
197 Posts
did anyone notice any better performance with the stock box k&N air filter or did it sound any different??? just curious
i didn't really notice better performance, but better gas mileage slightly and no difference in sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts