New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses them? and are they actually worth it? Ive done alot of research on the different chips. Of course im not sure witch one will be the best for my ATX. I would just like some feedback on which ones ore the best for ATX performance. And all around performance. And i have done SEARCH's I just want the most recent info out there.

Thanks guys!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So now we have to PROVE to everyone we did a search? I know that the chips CLAIM to improve shift points, possibly remove the rev limiter, or raise it, faster down shifts, firmer shifts in general. Let me explain my question BETTER. I am looking for better ATX performance. so is a chip (custom burned stock) worth it? O just deal with the shi*ty automatic tranny? This question is for people who have or had a chip in an ATX cougar.
the title of this thread is "chips for an ATX......" As for the search i did, well superchip.com, diablosport.com, and fordchip.com. have the basics. And if you would like, ill put a link to every search i did on this forum?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've got diablosport... Shift is definately firmer and quicker.... The pause is gone completely.... Put your foot to the metal and the tranny will do the rest....:biggrin:

·
Registered
722 Posts
honestly haven't gotten serious enough yet to test it on the track....

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
i need to get one of these...you say the JetChip is best for the ATX? I thought they weren't even needed for stock MTXs?

Mike

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The reason i say JetChips are the best for the ATX is because they are specifically built only for ATX cougars. They do this because they do extensive R&D on their chips for the Cougar ATX. If you are fairly stock, dont get any chips. If you have SVT stuff, get it for sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Over at CEG, most everyone there uses SuperChips. At the sametime, we have also found that they are the most unreliable. I cannot think of a single person that has complained of dyeing out or a no start issue related to the Diablosport. At the sametime, I (without a chip) shifitout at the same RPM as someone with a Diablo. Only difference is with shift feel.

Honestly, I would go with Diablo just for the fact that there are fewer issues with them, especially with the Duratecs anyway. I do not know of anyone with the a Jetchip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts