New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the stuff I want to do, having a manual would be nice. This way I dont have to keep worrying about breaking something. My old car was easy, my cougar isnt as easy.
I keep checkin online, but I can not find anything.:disgust:

·
Registered
492 Posts
They are pretty much the same. I have the 99 cougar manual and the basically show the contour throught the whole thing. Not really a whole lot of cougar specific sections. But it still is very helpful.

Got mine at autozone for 15 bucks.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I have the Chiltons, but I prefer my Ford CD. Go to eBay and do a search on 2000 Ford CD. You should find a buttload of CD's from Ford on there. Tis the greatest asset in working on your car. :)

Chiltons helps with engine and some drivetrain/suspension stuff, because there are some actual photos. Unfortunatly, they did not actually work on a Cougar for the Chiltons. They worked on a Contour, so most of it is the same....but not everything. And it has NO body or interior stuff for the Cougar. Actually, get both. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just check today in Pepboy and Autozone they only have the 1999 but no 2000...however i saw a 2001 but i did not buy it cause i don't know it would be similar to the 2000

jimmii

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I've only seen the '99. As far as I know the main difference is the fuel system, whether return or returnless. The other differences that I am aware of are costmetic. I would have no qualms buying either the 99 or 01 since I believe they are all similar enough to get by with either book, and if you run into a problem I would hope another NECO member would be able to help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 2 manuals should be pretty much the same.

The Ford CD is good, but I would like to see pics, instead of the few ilustrations that are on the CD.

Both are probably must haves!!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, both combined is the best way to go. The pictures in the book are great, the tiny stick drawings on the CD suck. But the CD has just about everything you will need to know. The book tends to skip some details....especially when they worked on a different car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts