New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fighting my check engine light. Right now I am getting Catylist below effecientcy Bank 1. Also getting Bank 2 is reporting Lean. I have already changed all 3 O2 senors. Any ideas? The only things I have done to the car is a Bassini exhaust and an SHO Shop intake.
Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have the engine light to. I had it Tested 3 different times and I got 3 different answers.

O2 Sensors
Transmission Sensor
and Emissons..
(I dunno the codes cause all 3 shops convently "lost" the print outs when I got there :rolleyes: )
Eh, whatever it is it must not be that important cause mines been on since May of 02' and its what Dec. of 03'.
:shrug:

If you find out anything let me know.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by: Sare
I have the engine light to. I had it Tested 3 different times and I got 3 different answers.

O2 Sensors
Transmission Sensor
and Emissons..
(I dunno the codes cause all 3 shops convently "lost" the print outs when I got there :rolleyes: )
Eh, whatever it is it must not be that important cause mines been on since May of 02' and its what Dec. of 03'.
:shrug:

If you find out anything let me know.
I hope you didn't pay for the diagnostic if they "lost" the codes. They have to provide any and all findings at the customers request.

And Frank, Sounds like yout Cat needs to be replaced. That's what happened to me on my Cavalier right before I traded it in. Said the O2 was not reading right, replaced it still got the CEL. Took it to dealer and they said the cat needed to be replaced and did it free under emmissions warranty.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Only paid the last time cause Ohio wouldnt let me pass Echeck unless I proved that I had my car serviced. (I failed Echeck this year cause I keep throwing a CEL ) Might look into the cat being replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.