New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Today on my way home from work, my check engine light started flashing as I was going 15 MPH through a construction area. It went off and then started blinking again. I pulled over, turned the car off then restarted it. Has not come back on since.

I have just under 500 miles on the car. I will call the service department on Monday to have them look at it.

If anyone has any idea why this happened. Please let me know!

Thanks
Rob
See my car at http://www.paautobuyer.com/cougar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, will definately get it check out! I drove it last night and today and it seemed fine and the light stayed off, but I will still let my dealer know on Monday about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
If you check your drivers manual, it'll state that if the engine light is flashing, the catalysis converter has errors that can damange the engine. Although it could be one of those computer gyltches if it hasn't occured again. But since you have 500+ miles on it I would take it in to the dealship and have them check it out under warranty just in case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it flashes it means that something in the emissions went wrong, if it went off it means the car fixed the problem, so don't worry about it unless it comes on again.

·
Registered
254 Posts
StreetConcepts is right. A "flashing" check engine light means you have an engine misfire. I doubt there is anything wrong with your spark plugs with less than 500 miles on the car so, I would guess that you have a problem with your PCM or the wiring that goes to your PCM.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.