New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SP Motorsports is running a "Sale" on Magnecores right now for $96 for ES80's or $120 for Comp 8.5mm's. I dont care how thick the wire is making it difficult to fit them into the guide thing. My stock wires are looking a little toasted in certain spots and I can hear a high pitched whine that matches my rev's thru the stereo somtimes.

Which ones do I want? I was thinking just the ElectroSport 80's, but is there anything N/A and with otherwise stock ignition that would have me see a benefit from spending the extra $15?

and is there any place cheaper?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The whine through your speakers, iirc, is the result of poor stereo grounding rather than plug wire interference.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
And having the power wire run next to the speaker wires. A lot of people tend to pull up the carpet on one side of the car, and run all wires going to a rear amp and speaker set up.

Run the power down one side, and the speaker wires down the other.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what I have done. I think its my [censored]ty RCA cables and the fact my 4ch amp isnt mounted to anything. it slides around under the pass. seat a little and the RCA's get loose sometimes.

Ahm. Anyway back OT, Nobody knows about the Magnecores?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts