New Cougar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:biggrin:Hey Guys, I was on here and saw that someone payed almost $45 for a cold air intake pipe and couplers to get powdercoated!! OMG!!

My shop Powdercoats things and since I work there I can have things done for fairly CHEAP!

So if your wondering about getting it done, just message me and I can tell you how much it will cost to get done.

The parts just have to be METAL, somewhat clean, free of oil, dirt, grime, paint, etc.

We have a range of colors. Everything from Black, White, Yellow, Green, Royal Blue, Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Navy Blue, Fire Red, Gray. Some of of our Colors offered have a textured Finish if required. the texture is only offered in some colors and non of the Metallic colors. All the colors are a High Gloss and really look great! My Favorite colors are the Metallics and the Royal Blue and Fire Red! They Really Stand out looking GREAT!!

I'm Powdercoating my Upper Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, Valve Covers and what not. I'll post pics in a couple weeks after I get around to getting them done.

All you have to do is take care of the shipping costs of whatever parts you want done, and pay the SMALL fee for getting the parts powdercoated and your golden!!

I can prolly work out a multiple item discount if there are a bunch of parts you want done also!

Just Message me with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you!

All the powder-coating is Durable up to 400' Degrees!
Our Ovens Bake the Powder into a Paint at a little over 700' Degrees!!

I do Motorcycle parts, rims, car parts, house hold items, etc... If its metal, I can make it beautiful!!

And remember, POWDER-COATING is MUCH MORE DURABLE THEN JUST ABOUT ANY WET SPRAYED PAINT YOU CAN GET!!

The powder can just about be hit with a hammer and have no effect in most cases!

We tested out powder coating with a 1000 hour salt spray testing that is supposed to replicate 30 years of outside weathering and the parts came back FLAWLESS!! We were really impressed and proud of our State of the Art process.

I figured that I can get this service at a big discount that I can offer to my friends, now I'm extending it to all of you on this Fellow Cougar Forum!!!

Lemme kno what you need and I'll give you a price and how long it will take depending on color becuase we don't run every color every day, some colors we rarely do making them take a little longer to get done sometimes.;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i just pm'd him with the same question. prices arent bad at all.

$20 for the valve covers
$40 for the UI-manifold
$10 for the Throttle Body

or $60 for everything, plus shipping ofcourse

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
yeap Lebanon, CT an hour away from me. but still im gonna ship the things.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
yeah the 6 post thing is what gets me not 100% trust... he works an hour away from me so i can just go there and wait for the parts. i know what u mean, he has no reputation at all, but u gotta give people a chance. ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks walker - go ahead and give him a chance. Good prices there.
Does he include blasting with that price or just coating? Blasting each valve cover takes about 20-30 minutes, + powder, + shop time, + blasting and coating everything else = more than he charges.
If he just coats over OEM paint :blackeye::facepalm:. You might want to ask him.

P.S. - I don't fix other people's powder coating jobs;)

P.S.S. - There isn't a powder that I have recieved that bakes at 700*, and every powder withstands 400* FYI. All my applications are baked at 400*+/- a few degrees.

My price for what was stated above:
$20 for the valve covers
$40 for the UI-manifold
$10 for the Throttle Body
$35 EACH valve cover blasted, coated, & shipped
$45 for UIM coated & shipped. You have it blasted before it gets to me or I will coat over the OEM paint but can not gaurantee the finish.
$20 for TB blasted, coted, & shipped

Any color BTW ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.