New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some NGK iridium plugs for my cat...... but the location of the plugs looks like it might be better suited for a mechanic... any tips, on installing th plugs myself, or would i be best off letting a professional do the job....

M

·
0 Posts
I was here ready to post the same question..

Looks like I would have to take off a lot of pieces to get to the back 3.

Any tips??

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

M

·
0 Posts
for the front 3, remove the engine cover and the IMRC motor, then pull off the plug boots and remove the plugs and replace the new ones, USE A TORQUE WRENCH, the aluminum will strip easy, only go to 25 ft lbs. you will have to use a long extension and plug removed with a rubber lining to remove the plugs and put in the new ones, otherwise you wont be able to get them out.

for the back 3, remove the ignition and move the plug wires out of the way, remove the boots, YOU DONT NEED TO REMOVE THE UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD. and remove and replace the plugs, careful to replace the plug wires correctly, the cables and plugs on the ignition are labeled, replace the ignition. be slow and careful, its not hard

M

·
0 Posts
Yea, thanks a ton.

jreat, post a message here if you can when you get it posted on you site. BTW, nice site.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will, I ordered the plugs on Tuesday so I should have them and do it around the 14th of July by the latest and then get my site updated on the 16th of July. If I get them sooner I will do it sooner, but that is my best guess when they will be done.

I am glad you like the site

1 - 7 of 7 Posts