New Cougar Forum banner

Changed a few things post accident.

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  hamill 
#1 ·
I was in an accident in June and damaged most of my front end. It took a while to get back but I had a few things done while it was there. I had a Tuner hood installed. New '02 headlights, I had '02 headlights already but when I took out the amber lenses I got finger prints on the chrome. I couldn't let that go so I decided to clean it off, BAD IDEA. The chrome comes of VERY easily. If finger prints are going to bother you, I strongly suggest rubber gloves. I had to paint my old lights with Bumper Chrome paint. It didn't turn out bad, but now I have much shinier Lights. I put in silver corner lenses that are bright orange at night and Silver during daylight. They would look incredible on a silver frost cougar. I had a new bumper put on without plate holes. A No Limit grill added, and my car has finally been lowered with the Roush springs I've had for about 2 years.

Before:

After:

Let me know what you think

See less See more
#2 ·
That is hot!! Instantly one of my new favorites Cougars. Looks incredibly clean and tastefully modded. Oh, and one of the best headlight mods I think I've seen on our cars...

#3 ·
Holy [censored] those headlights look great!

Too bad your kit doesn't match...it's ok...neither does mine :disgust: White's a [censored] :mad:

#6 ·
lookin good love the roush kit. i personally am looking for a roush kit, i found one on ebay already painted but i was worried about the paint matching also

#8 ·
Very, very nice. Love the lights. Very shiny, and the sliver/orange thing is sweet.

What size wheels and tires do you have on there? I like the way they fill out the wheelwell.

Edit: Nevermind, checked it on CougarDB. Very nice. Think I might actually look for a Roush rear and skirts now!

#9 ·
Originally posted by: Nitrik
That is hot!! Instantly one of my new favorites Cougars. Looks incredibly clean and tastefully modded. Oh, and one of the best headlight mods I think I've seen on our cars...
hit the nail right on the head , and i have alot of favourite cougars and now Ive got another

#10 ·
Thanks for the feedback. The kit doesn't really look that bad in person. It's a liitle darker than the rest of the car. Now that the new hood and bumper are a little brighter the front looks like it's of more. Next week I should be able to finish the washer nozzle relocation to finish off the project. Having them removed from the hood I'm going to be putting them on the wiper arms.

#12 ·
I used three layers of etched glass sign vinyl on each of the factory lenses. It's pretty expensive if you don't already have it or have access to it. The smallest roll runs about $45. You only really need about 12-15 inches if you have a local shop that will sell you pieces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.