New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some of you will hate this. the hood is oem style cf. car is mostly otherwise stock, and very dirty. and it still needs to be fitted with some dremel work. i do need opinions. should i glass and paint the reflecter white. or black it out and run a graphic, or paint stripe down the side above where the pinstriping is (pinstriping would be removed). trust me the hood flows better in person.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well. its kinda the opposite of what a lot of other people are doing. its close to the opposite of james, crispy, gmk and others paint schemes. i HATE white painted headlights so i thought this would look good. btw this was painted in my class at tech school. and i am deff thinking of adding a no limit insert. once i decide on a front bumper.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like it...It does something a little different with the headlights...Makes them flow better with the design of the car...Really tight!!!!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
thats sweet.. I was waiting for someone to do that so I could see what it would look like as a reverse... you definately need some sorta grill.. and how bought just a small white accent in the headlights? maybe the cups or just a thin outline of the inner design?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like it. The improvements would be a new grill, eliminate the orange reflectors in the headlights and as Crispy suggested some sort of white accents in the lights. That would really bring it all together.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i think it is tight too...i also think if you were to fill and paint the reflector portion of your head lights white that might look pretty sweet too..or just put in a white reflector...i wouldnt go clear though it may look a little off..very good job on originality..

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i would say do a white reflector. ans maybe one of those new CF no limit grills jason (nightracer) is comming out with soon???

looks really good though man.

·
Registered
429 Posts
it looks good but why would you want to cover up that much of the carbon fiber?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why? to be different. to be subtle. the cf insert would be be odd with the white paint. i was thinking about maybe doing the cups white but what id really like is a headlight cf cover. when we get the cf fenders i'll go black with the reflector. thanks for the positivity guys.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
that looks cool! I'm gonna do something like that with mine too as soon as the snow goes away...I meant to do it awhile back but I gotta spread these things out

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
when i get my license back, my cf hood will be like gmk, crispy, and ProjCoug... but i thought someone would do what u did overfiend, that's very original though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
And there will be carbon fiber fenders for the cougar in less than a month...
Originally posted by: overfiend
...but what id really like is a headlight cf cover...

I'll be surprised if they dont have a god damn CF body kit out in a couple years.. Only for you CF freaks :shrug:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts