New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had some trouble with this installation, but it's finally in with the help of a sawzall (The Ugly Saw) :rofl:

Leasoned learned: Do not have a roll cage welded in until you have the headliner you want already in place :flushed:

On with the pics:

Initial Shot before attempt

Sunroof Panel (Pretty Easy Stuff)

Now the fun part, I sqeezed it in but the roll cage was to high to manuever the headliner in place with out breaking it... I also could not pull it back out, it was officially STUCK :banghead:

So, I bought a SawzAll... no pictures due to the graphic nature. :evil:

Some trouble with the sunroof panel rubber strip

Finally, the installation is complete

...and it was nice out so I took some exterior shots :cool:

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
How was the fit other than the rollbar problems? Are you happy with it? I know the weave probably looks incredible, but I'm curious about the rest of it...general fit of everything (sunvisors, A,B,C pillars, the plastic plugs at the back). Did all of that line up ok?

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem I had was the 3 plugs toward the back. I had to push so hard my body was shaking to keep the thing compressed so I could put at least one in. Other then that, no problems at all... however I have not installed sunvisors yet. I'm looking into another option beside stock sunvisors ;)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Yeah everything lined up pretty much perfect once we got the cage out of the way. I helped John get it in, I had to hold up on the front while he pushed up the back to pop the plastic clips in. Only problem I saw was the weatherstripping around the sunroof didn't want to go back in right. But once the headliner was in, it looked absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
That thing is a ***** anyway.
Yeah it kinda formed a 5th "curve" in it when we were trying to put it back in. We were both like "its got 4 freaking sides, where the hell did that 5th bend come from??" :banghead: I've always wanted to put an aftermarket sunroof in my car, but if its gonna be like that, I may just skip it, lol.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
[jealousy] damn pure sexiness. how much other CF uberness did household 6 let you order, did u get the trunk pieces and the hatch and pieces.......damn lucky ass..... [/jealousy]

congrats john simply beautiful

·
Administrator
15,568 Posts
Yeah it kinda formed a 5th "curve" in it when we were trying to put it back in. We were both like "its got 4 freaking sides, where the hell did that 5th bend come from??" :banghead: I've always wanted to put an aftermarket sunroof in my car, but if its gonna be like that, I may just skip it, lol.

Make sure it isn't upside down. I fought with mine for quite awhile just not being able to get it to stay in place, I looked at someone else's Cougar at fest and realized mine was on upside down. I flipped it, it went on easier and has stayed in place

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, it's good now. You can see the kink went away in the completed pictures. I guess the stripping just wasn't pushed in all the way so there was a lot of slack in the rubber material on the first attempt.

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[jealousy] damn pure sexiness. how much other CF uberness did household 6 let you order, did u get the trunk pieces and the hatch and pieces.......damn lucky ass..... [/jealousy]

congrats john simply beautiful
Nah, I think the wife is giving in on the CF Hatch, my B-Day is coming up but she said the she doesn't want to buy something for the car. Oh well, some CF golf clubs will do :biggrin:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nah, I think the wife is giving in on the CF Hatch, my B-Day is coming up but she said the she doesn't want to buy something for the car. Oh well, some CF golf clubs will do :biggrin:
hmmmm carbon fiber golf clubs? :rofl: lol great looking install btw. Ive never been one for the carbon fiber look myself, but i must admit that looks damn good. Just outta curiosity how much u pick that up for? :evil:

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts