New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here and a new Cougar owner. Im 16 and just got a 99 Cougar, so far I really like it and plan to do some stuff to it but right now I'm gonna keep it lookin pretty stock cause Im still paying for it. But one thing I can't stand is the center console, I've been browsing the boards as of late and found out that the 01 02 cougars have a different center console and I was wondering if it's possible to switch out mine with a new one and if so how difficult it will be. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Ahhhhh nothing like spilling that first cup of burning hot Fl_lCKING coffe all over yourself :rofl: ...and your seats...sorry i cant help you out with the console thing though...i am sure it can be done though there are many people here who have rectified the spilly cup thing...

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
If you have an MTX, the swap is quick and easy - under 30 minutes. If you have an ATX, then it takes a little more, because you need to remove the shifter first (plenty of how tos on the board), but it still can be done in under 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
2 Hours Jason?! Nah... I've taken mine out in under an hour, in fact I'm gonna do it tommorow to redo some things.

The tricky part Soulhunter is finding a newer style console... good luck! We're all looking for them! If you find some, let us know.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: Excelcier
2 Hours Jason?! Nah... I've taken mine out in under an hour, in fact I'm gonna do it tommorow to redo some things.

The tricky part Soulhunter is finding a newer style console... good luck! We're all looking for them! If you find some, let us know.
Ron, I can pull mine in 10 minutes (I never screwed it back in :biggrin: ), but I was giving the n00b a good timeframe for the first time they start experimenting with ripping apart the interior :tongue:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
More importantly, if you do swap it out...I WANT your original center console. I need a 99 model console.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Actually they started putting that console in the cars in 2000. :)

BTW, Trevor (FastCougar) has all the parts you need to do the swap on a page somewhere... PM him if you want.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I've also swapped my 99 console out for on '02 and love it! As far as Jason's 2 hour timeframe.....that only be if you didn't know how to work a screwdriver :rofl: its a very easy process.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts