New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any explanation for what seems to be an unnatural amount of heat coming from near the center console? It seems to be concentrated somewhere underneath the leather portion of my e-brake handle. I did have the e-brake assembly replaced, so I wonder if it's related, but I would love to hear other possibilities.

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, the exhaust runs up under there and there is a heat shield to deflect some of the heat. On a long drive you can feel some heat there even when everything is properly attached, but if it seems excessive take a look underneath and see if something appears amiss.

Andy

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
theres a chance that when working on the Ebrake, they may have had to get under and work on the cable, and removed your heat shield. I wouldnt think so but if they did you would feel alot more heat.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: joka187
i have the same problem except mines coming from under the driverside dash....no heat at all in the pass floorboard..
If it's an ATX, thats because the pear-shaped cut-out probably is removed, or you've cut a hole in it. I've had that problem (heat on the drivers side) since I've pulled that plug out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Originally posted by: joka187
i have the same problem except mines coming from under the driverside dash....no heat at all in the pass floorboard..
If it's an ATX, thats because the pear-shaped cut-out probably is removed, or you've cut a hole in it. I've had that problem (heat on the drivers side) since I've pulled that plug out.

mines a mtx and i get the heat on the drivers side. i also get heat from the armrest area to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.