New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the center console on the 00 cat??? and if any has pics on how to do it that would help 2

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,979 Posts
There are a couple of screws holding in the bottom of the armrest. The ashtray and cig lighter bezel need to be pulled out. Easy to do. The shift boot can then be removed by pulling up gently on the edge where the ashtray used to be. There are a couple of screws in each footwell, covered with little pastic buttons. They pop right off. Pull the e-brake up and slide the console out and up, sliding the e-brake boot off over the handle as you go.

Is that it?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the boards...

A couple things to help you out during your stay here - check out the search function, located at the top of each page, and see if the question you have has already been answered. For the most part, almost all basic concepts have been answered more than once, and in many different ways. After that, feel free to post your question... posting duplicate questions on the board often lead to people flaming you, or answers that are anything but useful.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,979 Posts
Yep. Only instead of a shift boot, you have a shift "plate".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aight im having a prob removing shift plate, i cant figure out how to remove the piece that hold the blub, or the wires that run from the piece that holds blubs. is there a trick to removing this

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
ATX shifter removal.... please take my advice from above - it will save you great deal of time, and I know there are at least three tutorials on here (I wrote on myself) with pictures...

Here's a basic idea of what you need to do:

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=21123&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Edit2: You need to remove the shift plate - pull up, then rotate the bulb out, then do a shifter removal and it will all come out... maybe if you're having issues with doing this, just leave the console in and hack at it... because putting the O/D back together is a bit more tricky than taking things apart...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.