New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wonder if this wing will fit our cougars. it looks pretty sweet.... anyone knows anybody with this spoiler on their cougar? im tempted....i bet this will look really great on our cougars. I WANT EVERYBODY'S OPINION!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
It would look like ass. The cougar has a rounded behind that goes well with wings that follow its curves....i.e. razzi hi rise, and the commando, because the bottom half hugs the trunk lid. That celica spoiler is going to go straight across, I don't think you could mount it without having a horrible gap on either side. If you want something big and obnoxious, go with the Kaminari wing, it looks similar and is actually made for our cars.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yeah, from the side, it resembles a commando... kinda like the one you used to have Kel :)

but from the back... yikes, yeah, i'm not sure.

Find me a picture of a cougar at that angle, and i'll try photoshopping it on :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like that spoiler, i already did the measurements and its fits perfectly, the curve of the trunk will be a chalenge thou....f**k it...i'd still get it........ill send pictures. You'll see! Thanks for the honest opinion. i really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Build up the parts where it doesn't fit with fiberglass for a smooth look. The commando wing is almost verbatim to it though...why not just save time? I do like the TRD spoiler - on a celica. The commando would look better because it has a base that rides the trunk lid lines and it is OH SO SEXY. :)

This is my car before I took off the wing.

and, uh, this is my cat :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo ND4SPD...here's a pic of a cougar and the TRD spoiler can you photoshop this and see want it looks like? i emailed the company in ebay if they can do a lil bit of shaving on the bottom part of the TRD spoiler to make it fit the cougar.

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well why did you take your spoiler off? do you still have it? if so...wana sell it to me?

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
wow... ACTUALLY, i think it looks more like a Kaminari wing after doing this photoshop....

*ChenZhen's cougar* :thumbsup:

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
wow... ACTUALLY, i think it looks more like a Kaminari wing after doing this photoshop....
Thats kinda the same idea I had. And the base props it up so it doesn't sit on the lid.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Lost racer, you have pimp smacked me :slap: and stolen the $14 dollars that was for my sons lunch money and made me wanna vomit :puke: just by reading your signature.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Badaz - I decided I didn't like it anymore, and now I love the spoilerless look a ton. I sold it a long time ago.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks ND4SPD for the photo shop. I told you all it will look really nice! now im really convinced. im gonna go order this now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Have you got the measurements for the TRD wing and measurements for
our trunk??
Do you know if it will even fit?

It's going to look like ass if you come up short, and even worse if it's too big.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
you're welcome for the picture :)
and yeah, i would sneak into a toyota dealership with a tape measure and take some measurements of their trunk / spoiler mounting points and then compare it to the cougar

the Celica is a VERY square, boxy car at the back... make sure everything will line up and fit so you don't end up losing money if it doesn't work :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
There are a couple on Ebay.. including a full carbon fiber one for 300+.
There are two in the 150-160 range.

It looks like it's going to be too big, from what I can judge.
But, if it does fit, it's a good choice and a lot cheaper than buying a commando or kamanari.

At least it's not a double decker aluminum wing.......:rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it will extend out to the curve side of the cougar for like about 4" but the fins will be flushed to the straight side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts