New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem kind of wierd but I just wanted to know of any possibilities you guys knew. I gutted my pre-cats about a month and a half ago and have been driving the cougar around normally. The crazy thing is I was going to get some MIL eliminators once the light came on, but it didnt turn on. I seafoamed my car 3 weeks ago and once I did that the CEL came on. I read somewhere on here when the CEL comes on your cougar goes into safe mode and you go alittle slower, so I cleared the code 2 weeks ago when I went to the track. I expected the light to come back on so I can read the code, but it hasnt lit up once yet and I was wondering if there could be any problems with that? Haha I know it sounds crazy, but there just has to be something wrong and I dont know if the computer will tell me any codes if the CEL light isnt there! I leave it in your hands you neco pros lol.

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
what was the code you pulled? It can store errors with out throwing the light. Usually it will do this to verify that there IS a problem. If the occurence doesn't happen again, the code will go away.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,819 Posts
What's your model year?

The code is still in there, if you have the system read.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it didnt read any codes. So maybe I have to drive it around some more because the cat codes werent ready yet. Other then that it said bank 2 was getting twice as much fuel but wasnt setting off a cel so Ill have to check on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts