New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting this code 0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow insuffiecient detected.

Any body know what this means and how I can fix it. I searched and found nothing.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
normally that means that the egr passages behind the tb need to be cleaner, also it could still be the egr valve itself

at idle manually apply vacuum to the egr valve, if the idle stumbles the valve is good

next check the passaes and clean

if the cel still doesn't go off try the DPFE sensor, but it normally throws a P0402 - excessive flow at idle, or at leas that is what mine did

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Well the code you are getting is not the worst! Think about it, Code: 0401 which is, EGR Flow Insufficient Detected. It cant be to many things like other codes. It could be a blocked hose coming from the EGR, maybe one of the hoses came off the DPFE sensor, the DPFE sensor is bad it self or the EGR is bad. Start with the easier things like the hoses being clear and attached right. Than maybe the EGR itself and the sensor! Good luck man!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Originally posted by: zanmoto
OK maybe not, back to square one the code is in agian 0401 I'll try applying vacuum and go from there if I can figure out how.

applying vacuum manually is very simple. get a piece of hose the size of the one to be disconnected. unhook the vacuum line from the component to be tested (like the EGR valve) and plug it. put your scrap piece of hose on the nipple of the EGR (it needs to be a tight fit)and SUCK ON IT.

you have just applied vacuum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.