New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, about a month ago I took my 99 ATX to a mechanic to get it tuned up. He put it on OBDII and when i got my vehicle back I noticed the door ajar light was on. He didn't claim this was his fault so im ****ed. He said he would fix it for $230 (BS!!!) to replace 2 door sensors. I dont think this ****tard knew what he was doing, so my question is, what could it be? Does the door ajar light work the hood? If there is a sensor in the hood it could be that because thats where he was most of the time. Also, I had my cousin put in a Compustar 2wss-as alarm about a week ago. He took it to a shop some 30 miles away that he had access too that was heated so he could work in comfort. 5 hours later I got my car back, and he said it was throwing a CEL and he would look at it the next day. Well after he left I checked it out, turned my car on and it was idling at about 500rpm's and really roughly. I decided since I had less than a quarter tank of gas, it might be the fuel pump so I went to go fill it up with some premium gas when the CEL started flashing(misfires) I'm like ****. So I call him and ***** him out and he comes right over and notices that when he put the siren in, he knocked a spark plug wire loose. He drove it for about 30 miles doing 70mph on 5 cylinders. Can this permanently **** my engine? The CEL still hasnt gone off a week later, but its going in on the 9th to get looked at. Does the CEL stay on after a detected misfire until checked out and cleared by a professional? Thanks for any help!!!

P.S. - after I took it to the mechanic that ****ed up mu door ajar light, i also noticed that the dinging when the door is open or your not wearing your seat belt is EXTREMELY FAINT. It can barely be heard with the engine off in accessory position.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, DOOR AJAR problem FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading another thread about that little black box under the dash, and fixed it! I should take that ****ing mechanic to court for trying to scam a 15 year old kid. What a ****tard. he wanted to charge me $230 bucks to push a black box into place!!!!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: PGCougar
Why does a 15 year old even have a car? :confused:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I see the censor engine running just in time for this member.

And damn it I forgot about the quick-reply again....:banghead:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was this last summer, i'm 16 now. Is someone jealous? And yea, I got a job to pay for ALL of my car, so don't even start **** with me. I'v had enough of that **** since I bought it in May. Everyone is so much cooler on this board compared to neco, or not. Thanks for help guys.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Jealous of WHAT?!? I have a Cougar, I have a job that pays $5000/month, I pay for my car too. So what would you have that I could be jealous of? Please inform me!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
ok, i dont want to give you "****" or anything, so dont take this as "****". but lets please keep the un-needed 4-letter adjectives to a minimum. that might be one reason wht the other NECO forums gave you "****". it jets kinda annoying pretty quickly. but im glad to hear you got your problem fixed! sometimes doing things yourself is the best way to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts