New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, my CEL is on after installing SVT Lim with 19lb/hr injectors and 75mm MAF calibrated to use with 19lb/hr injectors.
Please help me on this one :confused: I even reset the computer by disconnecting the negative battery.
I was thinking it might be the A/F ratio, could it be running too rich? What can i do to adjust the A/F ratio?
Is Apexi S-AFC the best tool to use for custom tunning the A/F ratio? Will the dealer able to do it?

Current Mod: 2001 Cougar --> Gutted Precats --> Injen Intake --> Custom Single Exhaust --> Dual Mass Crank Damper

Many Thanks ^.^

G

·
Yes, I'd imagine it's the MAF that's causing your CEL. You're probably running rich. The S-AFC will work fine to tune the A/F ratio, but I doubt the dealership will be able to do it. The best thing for you to do is have your car dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
What brand of MAF did you use? I ran into the same problem in the past. Some have been able to fix the CEL by rotating the MAF 30 degrees till it goes away. I just got the S-AFC and tuned it down into the -8%. My car still idled rough and stalled when I would stop at red lights after going wot, so I just took everything out and sold it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a set of Pro-Flow 75mm MAF

Current Mod: 2001 Cougar --> Gutted Precats --> Injen Intake --> Custom Single Exhaust --> Dual Mass Crank Damper

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I was using the C&L maf. I have never heard of a ProFlow user having problems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks. Then that might not be the problem because my car runs smoothy and it doesn't stall after WOT.
I might have to run the CEL code scan. Will the Autotap work as well as the dealer's tools?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Mod: 2001 Cougar --> Gutted Precats --> Injen Intake --> Custom Single Exhaust --> Dual Mass Crank Damper --> SVT LIM --> Pro-Flow 75mm MAF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts