New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just installed my CC.com short shifter and it seems to be pretty nice. I posted a thread about a few problems I had installing it, but that was mostly just me breaking a plastic piece. I've had it on a few days and thus far there are no problems. And it doesn't appear as if it would break easily. I'll let you know If it breaks or if there's any problems.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
no breakage here yet, you'll be sure to see, or hear about it if it does..

[GnuLoCo]

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
since it was brought up in the initial post i would also like to add that i bought a short shifter off of ebay and have also had no problems

its been on my car about 8 months with no problems at all...just an FYI

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
I believe people were having problems with the OBX ones breaking the little balls on the bottom off

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ok, well here is my take,

the stock shifter ball on the bottom is actually riveted to the shifter.

the ball on the CC shifter is quite different, it looks as if instead of a tack weld on the opposite side the actual shifter was hollow to where the weld was made on the backside of the ball all the way through the shifter itself. I hope that makes sense.

Hopefully it'll last. I put a few stress tests on it before i put it in, seems to be pretty strong.

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea, I made the mistake of buying the OBX short shifter off of ebay a month or two ago. I felt the shifter getter loser and loser like it was about to pop out of gear. Then after a week or so of that, i was leaving my girlfreind shouse at 2 am and it decides to break and obviously wont go into gear. The peice that broke was the little ball on the side that holds the shifter in place. good thing i kept my stock shifter in my glovebox! hope that helps.... take it easy!

-Jay

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
lol you where just asking for it to break on you while driving so you prepared for it by having it in the glove box....Classic! lol

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Generally when you make the ball and the shifter assembly two seperate pieces it's to save money on the materials used to make it (billet aluminum usually). This way instead of using, say, a 2" thick block of aluminum, you can use a 1" thick block that's just a little bit longer, machine the ball on the end and then weld it.

:shrug:

Personally, I'd just save money and get the B&M.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
I had a B&M worked great replaced it witha cut down stocker love that one ween more personally...

·
Registered
500 Posts
Personally, I chose to save some money and buy the CC. It would take 4 of them breaking before Id paid for one B&M anyway. Besides, Ive never heard of a CC actually breaking, and I wonder about anyone who is able to break it. Maybe theyre just a lot stronger than me and are jamming it into gear with all their strength.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.