New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CC.com rear sway bar

Yo is that strut brace the shape of an "X" really that hard to install because it says its a difficluty of 5

Just wondering if there anychance an average person can just install it or you need a shop to do it??
If you need a shop how long would it take for a shop(hours) tying to get an idea for the price.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Having witnessed an ST200 RSTB install myself. I can tell you the average person can do it with simple tools, Drill, wrench, etc. However its gonna take a lotta patience and you're gonna need a buddy to help you out. The install I watched took the better part of a day, and a few hours of the next morning.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Put the bar together first fit it perfectly, and then drill the holes. Otherwise your holes will not line up, and you'll be really pissed.

Get a meet together with your local cougar owners and get it in.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
My buddy and i installed mine just yesterday. It only took us a few hours. The biggist ***** about installing it is trying to get the two of the four plates underneath the car bolted on. There is absolutely no room for your hands, unless you were to get a 10 yr old to do it...but i don't suggest that. The how-to on team neco (i think that's where it's at) is really good. It gives a great suggestion on getting those plates on. The only thing we could find was a coat hanger...which wasn't very usefull. So find something a little more sturdier and won't bend as easy as a coat hangar. Oh...and wear safety goggles when underneath the car. I had all kids of rust and crap falling down on me and had to keep dodging it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I agree with everything Pyro said.

I think my install took about 3 hours, and would have went much faster if it wasn't for the 2 plates under the car. We used some big A$$ nails to hold the plates up in place and then ran the bolts through. Adn just make sure you put the entire thing together and mark the holes to drill and everything should come out fine.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
My buddy and i installed mine just yesterday. It only took us a few hours. The biggist ***** about installing it is trying to get the two of the four plates underneath the car bolted on. There is absolutely no room for your hands, unless you were to get a 10 yr old to do it...but i don't suggest that. The how-to on team neco (i think that's where it's at) is really good. It gives a great suggestion on getting those plates on. The only thing we could find was a coat hanger...which wasn't very usefull. So find something a little more sturdier and won't bend as easy as a coat hangar. Oh...and wear safety goggles when underneath the car. I had all kids of rust and crap falling down on me and had to keep dodging it.

glad to see our how tos are actually helpful :)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
Originally posted by: Pyro81

glad to see our how tos are actually helpful :)
Yeah, no kidding. Thanks for writing it up:thumbsup: It was a good thing i read it over before we started. Cause i printed it out just in case we needed to check back at something. But all the paragraphes got cut off at the end. So you really couldn't read it anymore. Luckily the pics were still there in full. So those were good for reference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.