New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how/where to place a small cb radio in a 2002?

I had it in my old car for fun with an external PA system

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up to my message: I was thinking of placing it in the area where the ashtray is but don't know if it is safe to cut the plastic moulding around the ashtray? Anyone know if there are wires directly behind that I would accidently cut?

·
Registered
799 Posts
The only wires that are behind there are the 3 wires for the cig. lighter. If you are careful enough, you should be able to just dremel out the whole area. However, the best way to do it would be to take out the center console....you might as well, because you have to mount the radio somehow as well.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: Gary
The only wires that are behind there are the 3 wires for the cig. lighter. If you are careful enough, you should be able to just dremel out the whole area. However, the best way to do it would be to take out the center console....you might as well, because you have to mount the radio somehow as well.

I agree here... take the center console out... it'll be much easier. Search the board for a how-to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a quick search for center console and didn't see anything specific to it. Any ideas where I would find this how-to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.