New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a tranny laying around ? ...lol since my apprasials so high, im gonna look at getting a lsd and tranny.. 2,600 bucks... wat a rip off.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,814 Posts
Do what I'm doing.

I grabbed a good MTX-75 from a junkyard for $100, and I'm dropping an LSD into it myself. All in all, I'll have a SPEC clutch, a Fidanza flywheel, and a Torsen LSD for a little over $1000.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, good deal.. found a toresen for 540, tranny for 359, and spec3+ for 400.

not a bad deal i might add.... 1,300 > 2,400

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
nope that tranny is sitting in my garage... thats MY winter project.

·
Administrator
15,567 Posts
Update the shift forks and tower while you're at it. I'm doing the same thing this winter with a Contour SVT trans with a blown diff. I have a Quaife ready for it as well. There is a decent how-to on CEG, complete with part numbers.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mod meet anyone ?..lol.. could make it like a how to instructional video.. cause i only got weekends to work on this thing...

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
hmmm, I'll have to check out this said howto. I do have a quaife going in. Dont know how much fancier I am going than that because I am expecting to be pulling it and redoing it shortly after the initial install

[I cant drive stick, I'm expecting to burn through the existing clutch rather quickly].

but ya, if you want to do a mod meet, I'd love to lend a hand. I've participated in enough pulls to be somewhat helpful.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Terry, if you want me to teach you how to drive stick let me know... you wont burn thru a clutch but you certainly dont want to learn how to drive on a stage 3 or anything like that.

I think it took me about 2 days to pick it up really well.

I still have some random parts laying around but no tranny parts at all... some engine parts and exhaust parts yes.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
you wont burn thru a clutch but you certainly dont want to learn how to drive on a stage 3 or anything like that.
hence why the stock clutch is going in first for a while.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woot, my torsen diff should be here wed's or thursday, tranny i just need to go pick up, and im in the process of talking to SVTCuervo about getting the spec 3+ clutch...

Im just having a shop do it for around 450 - 600 because of the lack of a lift and time.

As for the Upgraded shifting forks, where can those be found anyone ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts