New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get the inside of my cat out. How do i go about doing this? Also the bolts that have the springs on them called flange bolts, how do i get those of? and what would be the best means of actually destroying the inside of the cat? Please let me know as this will give me a ton of power and not leave my cel on! I will also be buying a secondary converter for emissions.

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Are you talking about the main cat or the precats? I have read on here that removing or gutting the main cat does not give you any power gain. That it actually reduces HP on our cars.

G

·
Are you talking about the main cat or the precats? I have read on here that removing or gutting the main cat does not give you any power gain. That it actually reduces HP on our cars.
I can vouch for that! I put mine back on! I'll sell you a preguted main cat if you want it! And then you can see for yourself.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Thanks for the back up Wick. There is less back pressure in the pipe if you remove or gut the main cat. Maybe you have some kind of set up that will improve the performance, I don't know. Looks like Wick will sell you his already gutted one. That way you can have one for when ever emissions testing time rolls around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts